Let's Play Replace the Company Vehicle - Again | Page 9 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Let's Play Replace the Company Vehicle - Again

wife had a Montana once....great car until the motor decided to implode....250k!

same happened to a Pacifica my wife got from her dad...220k and the motor exploded on the on ramp to the QEW....at least got 500$ from the wrecker yard.
If my aunt gets 150k out of her $900 and then gets $500 from a wrecker, I'm sure she'll be happy with $400 for 150k. lol

Update. The Mazda5 I've been driving has been trouble free for the last 115,000kms. It's been a good little work horse. Versatility of a van made for plenty of trips to home improvement stops, thrift stores and the like. The steering and suspension are still good as the day I got it. The power train? Avg fuel Eco 9.3L/100 kms with the vast majority highway and at 120km/h. It does lack power for merging on the highway.
I guess AWD doesn't affect fuel economy as much as I thought because that's awfully similar to the mileage I got on my Outlander if I'm doing mostly highway. Would've thought with the slightly bigger engine and no AWD drag it'd be better for merging (the AWD 2.4 of the Outlander was just a touch too low for me) and get better economy. Maybe the Mazda 5 is a lot heavier though.

If my aunt gets 150k out of her $900 and then gets $500 from a wrecker, I'm sure she'll be happy with $400 for 150k. lol

I guess AWD doesn't affect fuel economy as much as I thought because that's awfully similar to the mileage I got on my Outlander if I'm doing mostly highway. Would've thought with the slightly bigger engine and no AWD drag it'd be better for merging (the AWD 2.4 of the Outlander was just a touch too low for me) and get better economy. Maybe the Mazda 5 is a lot heavier though.

Full disclosure, I drive it without much consideration to obtaining good mileage. There are roof rails that I keep installed year round. Yup, I'm lazy. It's a 5 spd auto but, can be equipped with a 6 spd manual.

I put it through a tough time. Dogs, kids, camping, road trips. And long road trip with a cargo bag and fully loaded and I still hold my speed at around 120km/h under these conditions. Still the majority of the time, it's just me on the road and touring Ontario/Qc.

Full disclosure, I drive it without much consideration to obtaining good mileage. There are roof rails that I keep installed year round. Yup, I'm lazy. It's a 5 spd auto but, can be equipped with a 6 spd manual.

I put it through a tough time. Dogs, kids, camping, road trips. And long road trip with a cargo bag and fully loaded and I still hold my speed at around 120km/h under these conditions. Still the majority of the time, it's just me on the road and touring Ontario/Qc.

Anything I drive spends most of it's life with the pedal on the floor, lol. Our usage sounds fairly similar. Lots of camping, carrying bikes and firewood on the roof, etc. No dogs or kids for me though. Although my normal commute has a lot of hard city driving.

My new X3 did decent for my 2 week camping road trip this summer although I backed my cargo carrier into a tree a couple times and carrying 20L Jerry cans on the roof was a pain. Oh, broke a bike rack I had installed onto the cargo carrier, too. Apparently it's not designed to be mounted in that direction. Had to bend it back into shape and then move them to the roof, as well.

My new X3 did decent for my 2 week camping road trip this summer although I backed my cargo carrier into a tree a couple times and carrying 20L Jerry cans on the roof was a pain. Oh, broke a bike rack I had installed onto the cargo carrier, too. Apparently it's not designed to be mounted in that direction. Had to bend it back into shape and then move them to the roof, as well.

You like to buy interesting vehicles that most people wouldn't touch due to potential maintenance costs don't you? Which engine in the X3?

Where were you a few years ago when someone was basically giving away an S600? IIRC it was 5 years old and less than $20,000.

You like to buy interesting vehicles that most people wouldn't touch due to potential maintenance costs don't you? Which engine in the X3?

Where were you a few years ago when someone was basically giving away an S600? IIRC it was 5 years old and less than $20,000.
N52 3.0si.

And yes, I usually end up with high maintenance stuff no one else wants.

I actually really wanted a Toyota or Honda but try to get a modern RAV4 or CRV with AWD and manual. And a decent power to weight ratio.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom