Let's Play Replace the Company Vehicle - Again | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Let's Play Replace the Company Vehicle - Again

Keep an eye open for employment opportunities with Desjardins Group on their web site. If you have experience with integrated payment solutions with national retailers, we do have some opportunities. Everything is done on line now. If you work or worked in the industry with Chase, Moneris, TD etc. The sales and strategic teams could be looking for someone.

Ah that's a shame... I just got quite a bit of experience and knowledge for ICD... Too bad I'm not looking for a job >_<

My wifes company wants you to track personal mileage on company vehicles and subtracts 0.50/km from your pay. Ugh.

Wow....that's awful. A 1000km weekend trip to Ottawa would cost you $500.....zero benefit to having a company car in that case.

My wifes company wants you to track personal mileage on company vehicles and subtracts 0.50/km from your pay. Ugh.

We log our mileage for both of course but, that is one way to discourage personal use. Yuck!

Fwiw, I drove to PEI with the family and logged it business as I stopped at clients along the way. My manager is cool with it and it's legit business taking place and they appreciate me coming to see them at their place of business. They just don't expect it and I generally don't set out to do it.

I believe the company does do something if company use falls below half of the overall use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you log as many company miles as you need to stay on the right side of the equation. Bank some Km's so you can go weekending and its all company trips. Never use a company gas card on the weekend unless you actually work weekends.
Unless your not in a position to buy a nice car , always take the car mileage allowance, its an expense not a perk. And remember to put the gas can in the trunk if your on a gas card, no salesman worthy of being a true sales weasel should ever buy bike gas, boat gas ect. Nobody audits your fuel mileage unless you actually work for a transportation company, every other industry its game on.

Of those choices given, Fuzion, hands down. See if you can get the titanium trim with touch screen center dash. Much nicer than base model.

Ive driven all but the forester for a week at a time.

Of those choices given, Fuzion, hands down. See if you can get the titanium trim with touch screen center dash. Much nicer than base model.

Ive driven all but the forester for a week at a time.

They only allow the mid level trim. But, even so those that do get the Fusion do like em.

I prefer the cargo capacity of my wagon or suv.

They only allow the mid level trim. But, even so those that do get the Fusion do like em.

I prefer the cargo capacity of my wagon or suv.
BIL had the Fusion as his sales vehicle. He loved it. I thought it looked great for what it is. Roomy inside and iirc the trunk was huge. Fwiw I don't think my Pilot has a lot of storage, at least not compared to my minivans. The Fusion seemed ~close to the Pilot.

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

Unless your not in a position to buy a nice car , always take the car mileage allowance, its an expense not a perk.

I visit a different customer job-site every day. We have it set up so that I buy the vehicle but get paid mileage at the max allowed rate (IIRC 55 cents per km). I normally keep vehicles until they are no longer serviceable. My Jetta earned its keep a couple times over (bought new, sold at 430,000 km). Opted for a crapbox this time around so that I could also get a decent race-bike hauler. The crapbox was bought used almost 3 years ago and is well into bonus mileage now - earned its keep and has earned a good chunk of the van's purchase price also ... I've had two Deals Gap trips in which I had to visit a customer a good chunk of the way there; it paid for my vacation.

Well it's that time again. The Golf is at 106,000 and it's time for a replacement. The company changed the mileage threshold to 120k but I'm averaging 6k to 7k a month so, I'll be due soon.

Rogue and golf are gone.

Anyone that contributed to this thread in the past didn't recommend the Nissan and i was very close to me picking it. Lol.

Anyways, only two CUVs now.

Escape SE with 1.6 Ecotech, fwd.

Subie Forester with auto. Can't get sun roof or leather or the 2.0 turbo. It's a base model only.

Good news for the Subie. The radio and backup camera have improved.

Apparently they are also doing well for fuel consumption compared to the Ford.

Cars available are Altima s or SV, fusion se with 1.5 Ecotech. Camry.

A sedan won't cut it so CUV is it.

Likely going with the Subie.

Last edited:
If I had to pick between Escape and Sub , I'd go Sub. Nice driving and better mileage. And I currently own two Fords, one is an Escape (older model).

The Ford has the looks and has a lot of bells and whistles. It's also the favorite with colleagues. Most are averaging 10 L per 100 kms for fuel efficiency. On a 55 L tank.

I don't know anyone with a Forester yet. The fleet manager is telling me it's better than the Ford but, couldn't tell me or maybe didn't want to tell me what kind of fuel efficiency to expect. I think it's kind of a wash really. Both have the same fuel tank size and power to weight ratio. I speculate they will average close to the same with slight edge to the Ford.

The Forester will handle the family road trips a little better. I like having as much open space for the kids and their gear to keep the peace. The Ford seems a little snug.

If I go with the Subie, I'm not sure if I'll fit within the owners' community.

Seems like every second vehicle on the planet is a Ford Escape.

Subaru? Definitely smaller market but, it's such an appliance of a vehicle.

Meh, I've still got time to decide.

new Nissan Maxima fully loaded AWD, nice car
or fully loaded Subaru Legacy 6cyl
or BMW 2 or 5 series with M badging...lol

Out of those slim pickings it would have to be the Subie.

another vote for the Subaru.

Wow! Thanks Cruisengirl for the fuelly Linc.

Mileage log for my VW results in 37 mpg.

A review of the Escape and Forester are pretty much the same. They hover in the 24 mpg range.

I'm in for more frequent stops that is for sure.

It's really just going to come down to what feels right.

I've got a request into the fleet manager to see if the VW will be available to purchase. The 05 Matrix is starting to rust and if the VW can be had at a decent price, may keep it.

Then bomb around in the Subie or Escape for work only. Lol.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom