UFC/Bellator | GTAMotorcycle.com

UFC/Bellator

Schneller

Site Supporter
For anyone not paying for the UFC pay per view tonight, there's a free Bellator event featuring Tito Ortiz vs Stephan Bonner on Spike TV.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't hear much buzz surrounding the UFC - atleast not to the levels of 2 years ago.

:confused:

Maybe it's just me, but I don't hear much buzz surrounding the UFC - atleast not to the levels of 2 years ago.

I think it was a lot more interesting in it's earlier days when it was truly an "event". You waited 6-8 months between UFC's, there was hype and promotion and skilled fighters. Now that it's on almost every week and with the reality show, maybe people are just MMA'd out? Like the whole poker thing a few years back. It's more and more looking like Wrestling Entertainment than the UFC of old. Just my perspective.

That Bellator event was WWE -like. Ufc is a bit more classy.

I think it was a lot more interesting in it's earlier days when it was truly an "event". You waited 6-8 months between UFC's, there was hype and promotion and skilled fighters. Now that it's on almost every week and with the reality show, maybe people are just MMA'd out? Like the whole poker thing a few years back. It's more and more looking like Wrestling Entertainment than the UFC of old. Just my perspective.

This.

Poker faded out not because of lack of interest completely, but because the US gov't brought the hammer down on gaming sites preventing Americans from playing. The full tilt fiasco was also a big big factor (I was affected by this. I had about $300 that I thought I lost forever). A lot of the poker tv programming was sponsored/funded by these sites for American consumption (and by extension, Canada). Once they were banned, they did not see the purpose of funding the programming anymore, and its volume has dropped quite a bit.

Have a look at this. It talks about the Full Tilt scandal.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/29/news-views-gossip/full-tilt-scandal-review-1250835/

Over saturation for sure...ufc just released the 2015 schedule. 45 events. FORTY FIVE. All watered down cards with a few household names sprinkled in who will probably pull out due to injuries anyway.

I stopped watching when i noticed judges kept ******* up fight decisions on a regular basis.

I haven't watched in a looooong time. Used to be right into it too. As the others said, they just kept pumping out cards and it made the fights less and less relevant. Plus most of the weight classes got pretty solid champions with little in the way of good options for title fights.

Did they ever get a new intro or are they still using that ****** old gladiator into thing?

I think you're right on the money. The strategy seems to be volume of shows vs. quality cards.

Sad, but they have a stranglehold on the sport and make it very difficult for a competitor to attract good fighters and/or sponsors. Wonder how long their run will last..

UFC has been good and bad as usual. You want to see some great fights watch metamoris this weekend. Submission only

Free ufc event tonight. Some good fighters: Barbosa, Frankie Edgar, Cub Swanson

As some have mentioned, it just became over saturated. In my opinion, the best events weren't even in UFC. I miss the old late 90's, early 2000's PRIDE cards. Those days were the best, with better rules to not only cater to the wrestlers!

Pride had the best rules. Foot stomps, knees to the head, ring instead of a cage. At least this prevented wreslters to completely dominate the sport.

You gotta train to really appreciate these guys and you gotta compete to really appreciate what they go through. I trained wth Nate Diaz in lodi in May. And I competed in the IBJJF worlds a few weeks ago on nov 1.
meeting and training with these guys and training for competition while cutting weight Is a ***** . If you don't time it right for the day you can be the better fighter and still lose as your body isn't ready. Fights are boring many times I agree but if you don't go thru the grind leading up to it and step on the mat you can't understand ever

Good fights last night.

Bobby May trained with the Diaz brothers and his style looked just like theirs, including the trash talking. He lost to Barbosa.

Swanson vs Edgar: Swanson looked more dangerous standing up, but Edgar took him down and dominated there.

Back
Top Bottom