Key rings? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Key rings?

Jayell

Site Supporter
How many of you ride with a honking ring of keys that scratches the siht out of the triple?

Curious if anyone cares about this sort of thing.

Nope

key-mate-key-ring-release.jpg

My bike key has its own ring on my carabeener* however you spell that, to avoid just that!

Just the bike key attached to a rubberized "Ninja" keychain thingie. Same with my car key; just attached to a soft plastic keychain light. Don't need to be adding weight on the ignition nor scratching stuff up in either scenario.

And then, of course, there is the ubiquitous "Remove Before Flight" tag.

8082.jpg

Motorrad always hand out key rings with rings on each end and a buckle in the middle. I use it for my honda 700 so that if the key comes out it's still tethered to the bike. Not too big to carry otherwise.

I use the bike keys only, no rings, no nothing. Even without the scratch factor, I just don't like having anything jingling around like that

1 key all by its lonesome. I even only have 1 key on the car keys too plus the lock/auto start fob. its a chevy so probably safest this way ;)

House has a combo lock, so I don't carry a house key anyway.

Last edited:
No key ring. Just the key and a small soft rubber tag from Deals Gap. Scratched triples make me crazy...

Bike key to a ziptie.

Great minds think alike. I use the slightly less than ubiquitous brightly coloured zipties. Although, in a pinch, I would use the ubiquitous black or white zipties usually reserved for more pragmatic endeavours. Motorcycling should be fun.

One of the clothe tags and the Givi key which is softplastic and small.

Tis the sad season when our motorcycle discussion revolves around key rings :( ;)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom