new rider, looking to buy a used bike | GTAMotorcycle.com

new rider, looking to buy a used bike

fool

Hello,

Just passed the M1 exit two weeks ago. Need to wait a month to get the M2.

Great forum! I have just signed up. The section for new riders looks very helpful but I do have a few questions.

I am looking to buy a used bike (Kawasaki 250). I know it's too late for riding but can I get a better deal now or in the spring?

For buying used, is buying a decent bike through kijiji/autotrader possible? I have read about all the scams in this forum but I think I just need to use common sense.

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum. I would think you'd get a good deal right now if you find one that hasn't been put away yet. I recall a red one on the forums here that seemed decent. Otherwise kijiji is fine just use common sense and you can weed out the scams.

Why a Ninja 250? Why not try a fuel injected motorcycle such as a CBR250R which can also have the option of ABS or a Ninja 300?

Hello,

Just passed the M1 exit two weeks ago. Need to wait a month to get the M2.

Great forum! I have just signed up. The section for new riders looks very helpful but I do have a few questions.

I am looking to buy a used bike (Kawasaki 250). I know it's too late for riding but can I get a better deal now or in the spring?

For buying used, is buying a decent bike through kijiji/autotrader possible? I have read about all the scams in this forum but I think I just need to use common sense.

Thanks!
I bought my Ninja 500 of kijiji when I first started riding in 2012 :) Great bike and great on ins :) I will prob be selling next year to upgrade to 600 :) Just saying....."wink"

Cheers and Welcome to the Forum

Thanks for the welcomes.

Looking for a Ninja based on advice from an acquaintance (the Honda is single cylinder and despite the states displacement, really not powerful). I originally considered the Honda 125 as that was what I rode at the course but it doesn't have the passing speed for highways. ABS would be nice but not a deal breaker. The 250 instead of 300 or bigger just for the lower cost. Chances are I will look to upgrade too.

The bonus I'd give the 300 is you might not grow out of it so quickly. They're nice bikes with a little more power than a 250 and much much better looks.

Welcome!
Wheelie.gif

I have a 1997 Kawasaki Ninja 500 for sale if you're interested. It should keep you entertained much longer than a 250/300.

I have had second thoughts and am now looking at the Ninja 300 with ABS. You have influenced me to up my budget. Thanks, all.

Back
Top Bottom