Leathers for kids | GTAMotorcycle.com

Leathers for kids

Renboy

Where have people bought leathers for their kids? And how much have you spent? I've found a few on ebay in the $500 price range, but am reluctant to buy them given the short period for which they'll fit. And I'm doubting play it again sports will have these, or want a pair when my son grows out of them.

I bought a small men's suit here. Depends on how big your kids are.

Pending how small,, you will probably have to go custom made. Some European companies make them. Anything you get real cheap probably has no or little armour.
The slide is not the only thing you need to protect them from but also the first big hit. So if you find cheap plan on adding good armour.
The mini roadrace club out west has about 200 members which are mostly kids. If you can source someone out there they can probably find you some used stuff.
Good stuff is usually sold before the last kid is grown out of it.

Since you're looking for leather, I can't offer suggestions, but if you're willing to look at ballistic options, I'd recommend looking at Kinder Rider.

No, I'm not associated in any way with them, they're a company I'm keeping an eye on for when mine get big enough. :)

How old and what height are they?

Where have people bought leathers for their kids? And how much have you spent? I've found a few on ebay in the $500 price range, but am reluctant to buy them given the short period for which they'll fit. And I'm doubting play it again sports will have these, or want a pair when my son grows out of them.

6 years old, and about 48" tall (next season). He doesn't need them as there's no where that I know of that he could ride on a track, but I figured if I bought him a pocket bike, these would blow his mind.

Ya sorry. Can't help you on something that small.

6 years old, and about 48" tall (next season). He doesn't need them as there's no where that I know of that he could ride on a track, but I figured if I bought him a pocket bike, these would blow his mind.

RS Taichi has been making leather suits for children for years, the website says 3 sizes, 120cm, 130cm, and 140cm.

NXL022
J022 KIDS LEATHER SUIT

image.jpg

function6_en.jpg

I have a good-quality traditional black leather 'biker' jacket I bought for my son when he was around 6. He only wore it a few times before he outgrew it, so it's sitting around.

PM me and I'll look at it tonight to see Mfg and size, if you're interested.

Back
Top Bottom