Lightning LS218, 200hp, 168ftlbs | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Lightning LS218, 200hp, 168ftlbs

If that article is true, it's a quantum leap forward in rechargeable battery technology.

U Singapore is making a huge number of deals on the IP sharing. Since this is not about the lithium ion tech but rather the electrodes, it is easy to implement on current battery manufacture and titanium dioxide is cheap. We use it in paint.

The big interest is with major power generators to store off-peak electricity from hydro, wind or solar.

My 750 felt breathless at times when I was above 4000 feet. Really makes a big difference.

On a course that long, and uphill, it's easy to see how you could lose 20 seconds.

It should have been more than 20, if handling of two bikes were on par..

75hp is a full on FZ6R/650.

Assuming that there is ~180bhp on the Multistrada, and also assuming that the Pikes Peak run is at 13-14,000ft;
--->> Your BHP loss computed from your BHP of 180 at sea level and Elevation of 14000 feet is 75.60 HP loss.

http://www.wallaceracing.com/braking-hp.php

Pikes Peak does not start at sea level, the elevation gain from start to finish is ~7400 ft.

http://www.pikes-peak.com/attractions/pikes-peak-americas-mountain/

A bike used for a hill climb would have a compression ratio and multiple engine maps optimized to minimize loss.

The idea that the elevation could cause a 20 second difference in times is hilarious and just shows the person posting it has no real understanding of engines, motorsport, and especially not the Peak in general.

Best not to quit your day jobs, bench racers.

Massive power increase MotoGP over Moto2 results in lap time drop over 90 sec. lap=3 sec.? 90 sec. laps into 600 sec. hill climb? 7x3=21 except power loss is not linear. Close enough for hand grenades, certainly not enough to mock people.

No kidding. Because, you know, where the race starts in elevation has no effect on the base power level of the engine, either. Not at all. One really wonders why all the fast classes don't use electric assistance and forced induction. They do, you say? They should hire k193, he'd show them how it's done.

Pikes Peak does not start at sea level, the elevation gain from start to finish is ~7400 ft.

http://www.pikes-peak.com/attractions/pikes-peak-americas-mountain/

A bike used for a hill climb would have a compression ratio and multiple engine maps optimized to minimize loss.

The idea that the elevation could cause a 20 second difference in times is hilarious and just shows the person posting it has no real understanding of engines, motorsport, and especially not the Peak in general.

Best not to quit your day jobs, bench racers.

Talking about bench racers...:lmao:

Dude, that would have been an awesome burn if you were actually right, or ever raced a bike, or anything like that.

That's it. I quit the internet.
CafeRay actually made a point I agree with..

That's it. I quit the internet.
CafeRay actually made a point I agree with..

hell_frozen.jpg

Damn, i knew it was cold today.

Back
Top Bottom