Beware of Endras BMW and 2011 G 650 GS motorcycle | GTAMotorcycle.com

Beware of Endras BMW and 2011 G 650 GS motorcycle

sandorjakab

Don't buy new motorcycles from these guys, they won't stand behind their product, they state that other bikes have the same problems as my 2011 g 650 gs, like licence plate and rear brake lights falling off it or the engine compartment leaking or needing to have to replace starter relay once a year, all under 10000 km, oh yeah and there are no motorcycle lemon laws and there is nothing they can do for you,therefore just keep coming in and they are happy to fix the issues, as long as warranty last, after that good luck try to maintain the bike.
Communication with mechanic almost impossible, won't call you back or email. Highly disappointed with the dealership and this BMW motorcycle.

Welcome to the GTA Motorcycle.com forum. So you've owned this bike since new? How many km?

You really think this guy is for real? He just signed up to rant. Is his complaint even legit? We will likely never hear from him again, the other side of the story needs to be heard.

Last edited:
here my story
took a new bike to them they have it for the whole season still got it back broken and all scratched up
ZERO communication from Owen who is the tech
and to this day my new bike wont run
it shuts off while ur riding
and its starts on its own when its parked with out keys
and no one at BMW Canada cares to fix this problem
this is why i have to take legal channels to resolve this
and get this bike out of my life

here my story
took a new bike to them they have it for the whole season still got it back broken and all scratched up

There is another thread on this forum http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/showthread.php?185361-Who-has-the-best-BMW-service-department where mechanics' names, including Owen, are thrown around like these guys are your best friend. My advice to those who do, is to give yourself a good shake. Doing regular maintenance or fixing problems that are simple or obvious and most of us could fix ourselves, is not a sign of a great mechanic. My experience is that there are very few mechanics who know how to properly diagnose and then solve a difficult problem. When you find a mechanic like that, one who can fix what others failed to fix, then and only then give high praise.

BTW, what kind of bike is it, so the rest of us on GTA buying can avoid it? :shock:

Last edited:
that bike is not in production any more HP4
but i would steer clear of BMW bikes from now on period
they all have major electronic problems
and now im hearing that S1000R has a recall for valves
and 2012 S1000rr also had some engine recall
i know all manufactures have problems
but seems like BMW is never ending
even with cars

There is another thread on this forum http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/showthread.php?185361-Who-has-the-best-BMW-service-department where mechanics' names, including Owen, are thrown around like these guys are your best friend. My advice to those who do, is to give yourself a good shake. Doing regular maintenance or fixing problems that are simple or obvious and most of us could fix ourselves, is not a sign of a great mechanic. My experience is that there are very few mechanics who know how to properly diagnose and then solve a difficult problem. When you find a mechanic like that, one who can fix what others failed to fix, then and only then give high praise.

BTW, what kind of bike is it, so the rest of us on GTA buying can avoid it? :shock:

even with cars

You could be right based on this article at least.

Consumer Reports: BMW & Harley-Davidson Motorcycles Are Less Reliable than Japanese OEMs
03/26/2013 @ 4:17 pm, by Jensen Beeler

In its May issue, Consumer Reports dives into the topic of motorcycle reliability, and confirms what many of us already knew: bikes from BMW and Harley-Davidson were reported to be less reliable than those from the Japanese OEMs.

Interestingly enough however, BMW and Harley-Davidson owners were also far more likely to make a repeat-purchase with their chosen brand than were owners of Japanese motorcycles, sans those of Hondas, which scored just slightly lower than BMW and Harley-Davidson on customer retention.

Looking at customer complaints of “major” mechanical problems from the last four years, the report from over 4,000 motorcycle owners confirms the high-water mark set by the Japanese OEMs on motorcycle reliability, but also shows the power of good branding as it translates into brand loyalty and customer retention.

While Kawasaki, Suzuki, and Yamaha may be winning the minds of riders with their production prowess, they are losing the hearts of consumers, which is interesting since any salesman will tell you it is easier to keep a current customer, than to make a new one.
Outlining its findings, Consumer Reports says that one-in-four Harley-Davidson owners experience a major problem with their machine, while an even more staggering one-in-three BMW owners made a similar complaint. Contrast those figures with Yamaha, which saw similar reports in only one-in-ten of its owners, with Kawasaki and Honda owners posting similar figures.

On the other side of the coin though, when asked whether they would buy their bikes again, 75% of Harley-Davidson owners said “definitely yes” while 74% of BMW and 72% of Honda owners made a similar remark. Meanwhile, only 63% and 60% of Yamaha and Kawasaki owners, respectively, said the same about their motorcycles.

From its findings, Consumer Reports says reliability was a strong variable in the decision-making process for motorcycle purchasers, but as we see here with the data, brand loyalty and other intrinsic qualities played a factor as well. In short, in order to be a true sales success motorcycle companies need to make not only good machines, but also good brands/customer experiences. Shocking information, we know.

even with cars

What the actual fcuk are you talking about?

As you have chosen this platform to discuss your situation I would like to take the time to respond on behalf of Endras BMW. The motorcycle in question has been repaired since July and awaiting pickup since then. After numerous attempts to have the motorcycle delivered back to you so that you could enjoy the remainder of the season, we were able to touch base with you this week and arrange delivery to your house today. We understand that not being able to ride your motorcycle can be very inconvenient which is why we go through every possible measure to ensure customers can get full use of their motorcycle. We are committed to having an open dialogue with you and will continue to work with you internally and externally with BMW Canada to offer any assistance we can to resolve your problem.

On the other side of the coin though, when asked whether they would buy their bikes again, 75% of Harley-Davidson owners said “definitely yes” while 74% of BMW and 72% of Honda owners made a similar remark. Meanwhile, only 63% and 60% of Yamaha and Kawasaki owners, respectively, said the same about their motorcycles.

Yeah but then the owners of Yamahas buy a Honda, owners of Kawasakis buy a Yamaha, etc. Most owners of Japanese bikes buy ANOTHER Japanese bike, not a BMW, nor a Harley. That's why statistics and polls are so flawed without proper interpretation.

As you have chosen this platform to discuss your situation I would like to take the time to respond on behalf of Endras BMW. The motorcycle in question has been repaired since July and awaiting pickup since then. After numerous attempts to have the motorcycle delivered back to you so that you could enjoy the remainder of the season, we were able to touch base with you this week and arrange delivery to your house today. We understand that not being able to ride your motorcycle can be very inconvenient which is why we go through every possible measure to ensure customers can get full use of their motorcycle. We are committed to having an open dialogue with you and will continue to work with you internally and externally with BMW Canada to offer any assistance we can to resolve your problem.

i hope ur not talking to me cus my broken POS is parked in my garage
and starts by its self on a daily basis with out keys

then where would be the fun in collecting evidence for a lawsuit
every time it starts i make a video and time stamp it
I don't think you'll get far dude (dudette?) but do keep us posted. Ive been eyeing an S1k for a hot minute, your experience definitely made me think twice. And for a $25000 bike, id be pretty ****** off too. Good luck

i may not get far but ill get somewhere
all you need is a sympathetic judge
and in most cases when you go against big corporations they have more sympathy on the little guy
and at the end of the day im only looking to be properly serviced
and have a good reliable running bike
plus the scratches fixed that where made by Endras BMW

I don't think you'll get far dude (dudette?) but do keep us posted. Ive been eyeing an S1k for a hot minute, your experience definitely made me think twice. And for a $25000 bike, id be pretty ****** off too. Good luck

Who is the complaint from.....this guy?

Don't buy new motorcycles from these guys, they won't stand behind their product, they state that other bikes have the same problems as my 2011 g 650 gs, like licence plate and rear brake lights falling off it or the engine compartment leaking or needing to have to replace starter relay once a year, all under 10000 km, oh yeah and there are no motorcycle lemon laws and there is nothing they can do for you,therefore just keep coming in and they are happy to fix the issues, as long as warranty last, after that good luck try to maintain the bike.
Communication with mechanic almost impossible, won't call you back or email. Highly disappointed with the dealership and this BMW motorcycle.

or this guy?

here my story

(HP4 no longer in production???)

even with cars

i hope ur not talking to me cus my broken POS is parked in my garage
and starts by its self on a daily basis with out keys

then where would be the fun in collecting evidence for a lawsuit
every time it starts i make a video and time stamp it

i may not get far but ill get somewhere
all you need is a sympathetic judge
and in most cases when you go against big corporations they have more sympathy on the little guy
and at the end of the day im only looking to be properly serviced
and have a good reliable running bike
plus the scratches fixed that where made by Endras BMW

Is any of this real?

and mighty mike.......do you even ride a bike?

Back
Top Bottom