S1000r insurance | GTAMotorcycle.com

S1000r insurance

jcbarnar

Hey question for other owners. I just got a quote on a new s1000r (roadster not the SS) with full coverage. $3000/year or so with TD. I'm 32, I've had full M for a year, been riding for three. One speeding ticket on record.

Is this good or not? I have no idea, but I do know it's about $1k more than I'm willing to spend.

Thanks

Yikes. Try AllState (if you can get around the stand-alone policy BS).

Should be 1/2 that.

s1000rr for gs...not bad...considering

my ninja 300 is $1656

Yowsers, $3000 just to get in 6 decent months of riding.

Sent from my Passport

I was thinking about buying an S1000R this year. When I got a couple of insurance quotes (one from Primmum and one from State Farm) I believe both were around $1800-$1900 for full coverage. I was 36 at the time, no tickets, riding with an M for over 5 years. For reference, my current bike is an SV650S and I pay around $900.

I'm in Burlington. I would be willing to pay $1800 but doubt I could get that much lower than what I was quoted . I guess it's just an expensive bike to insure. They view it as any other 1000cc sports bike which is kind of dumb. I'll try state farm and all state thanks guys. I would be willing to move my car as well.

I should have asked for a quote without collision coverage, but not sure I'd be willing to take the risk on a $15k bike

I'm with State Farm and I pay $129/month full coverage on my Monster 696 (M2 license, live in Burlington too, clean driving record). My premium would go down to $80-90/month if I moved my car insurance to them so your intention to have more than one vehicle insured with them should help the bike premium...but be warned...my agent says they aren't competitive on car insurance (re: higher) as others so it'll be relative...

Jesus you guys are getting hosed

Paid $65 a month for my 1000rr, $59 for my 750, and $50 and change for my 600rr with allstate. Im 31 btw, clean record

Grant Redfern
Agent
gredfern@allstate.ca

i have a feeling you have terribly low limits and coverage

No, i don't cheap out to get the rate down.

Probably should mention however i don't usually get full coverage. Liability, fire + theft, but still for full coverage it would be like another 20-30 bucks a months extra

No, i don't cheap out to get the rate down.

Probably should mention however i don't usually get full coverage. Liability, fire + theft, but still for full coverage it would be like another 20-30 bucks a months extra

House/cars with allstate too?

1,000,000 and the standard welfare rate that they give you on income replacement

So you have a basic liability limit , low income replacement and accident benefits and only fire and theft no collision, get a quote for a liability limit of 2 milion( still low) and the best accident benefits package and full coverage on the vehicle and see what the price is.

1,000,000 and the standard welfare rate that they give you on income replacement

Half what most people would consider the minimum man

Back
Top Bottom