Hwy 407 question. | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hwy 407 question.

bent plate, so no charge :)

"The little extra time used in staying off the 407 is well worth it and will bring about change if more people did that. "

Sorry, but my time is still worth more than the amount charged at present.

+1 More so the headache of stop and go traffic, people cutting me off etc. I like to start and end my day off calmly. I despise bumper to bumper traffic - get's me all worked up for no reason.

images

I find myself getting more and more agitated the more time i spend in traffic. The other day I am backing out of a parking spot, a guy in a car rushes to cut me off and drive behind me while I back off, and stops a few feet away, i drive by, stop and ask why he did that, he says, so I could get ****** off and have a hearth attack! and starts laughing... What do you say to that? I mean It is a good thing I don't carry a gun.I just told the wife, enjoy been married to an ******* and drove away.

You start the day in a good mood, let someone cut in front of you but then that person decides to get on their cell phone and slows down before the traffic light so now you are stuck because you were trying to be nice, then you don't let the next person get in front of you but you feel like an ******* and the mood starts changing, by the time I get to work I am in a bad mood. I shouldn't let it bother me but after so many idiots doing stupid things I can't help it.

God i hate people lol.

End of rant/

+1 More so the headache of stop and go traffic, people cutting me off etc. I like to start and end my day off calmly. I despise bumper to bumper traffic - get's me all worked up for no reason.

images

Tour pack on my Harley does a nice job of keeping the plate out of the camera shot.
I've ridden it end to end a couple of times over the summer with not a single invoice.

My Honda CBR is a different story - you've got to pay to play sometimes.

407 trip yesterday = $6 & 15 minutes to my exit

Highway 401/403 trip would have been 2 hours in bumper to bumper traffic at a minimum.

Obvious choice for me.

In my old work life, I ran from the start in Burlington to Britannia and home daily. At the time I was paying a bit over $300 per month, or just under $14 daily fuguring 22 working days a month. Not taking it would have cost me a hours a day. I think I was worth at least $14 a day for my time.

Today, no tolls in my life on any regular basis :D

side story, i had an old pathfinder years ago had the outside spare tire carrier. Because of the position the cameras were unable to pick up the plate the angle to be able to view the plate was too acute. Not sure if the cameras could pick up the plate today and if not what legal obligation it would be? the vehicle was unmodified from they way the factory built it

In my old work life, I ran from the start in Burlington to Britannia and home daily. At the time I was paying a bit over $300 per month, or just under $14 daily fuguring 22 working days a month. Not taking it would have cost me a hours a day. I think I was worth at least $14 a day for my time.

Today, no tolls in my life on any regular basis :D

side story, i had an old pathfinder years ago had the outside spare tire carrier. Because of the position the cameras were unable to pick up the plate the angle to be able to view the plate was too acute. Not sure if the cameras could pick up the plate today and if not what legal obligation it would be? the vehicle was unmodified from they way the factory built it

Camera's were updated a while ago to accommodate this. Even with the tailgate down on most trucks can now be picked up.

Most ramps have been updated, not all (yet)

Some of you are right.. The 407 is extremely expensive and not even close to being worth it for you to ride/drive on. I hope you all keep exercising your right to not ride/drive on it.

As much as I am not thrilled with the $300 to $400 a month I spend on it and try and get on it a bit later in the morning and off it earlier in the eve so as to cut costs a bit, I really hope they don't reduce the rates. $400 a month seems a lot better than the roughly 200 to 250 hours a month I would waste in traffic if it didn't exist or if it got full of stop and go traffic like other highways.

..Tom

WA has HOV lanes that you can take alone by paying a toll. Pretty good idea. Dunno how the system worked though.

JUST WANTED TO ADD...

I reckon the 407 should be a gift to motorcycles, we paid for it with taxes and they gave us the HOV lanes so,
applying similar logic, let the bikes ride free!

I have avoided charges by hugging the guardrail as you enter and leave the highway through the PIC gates.
NOT 100% but, some success in the past. Now I have a better scheme... my licence plate becomes a mudflap when I enter
and leave. Pretty sweet considering what the driving across the 401 has become. I did see a car wreck on the 407 today, upside down
in the ditch with 7x OPP in attendance plus the tow truck. Mostly drama free clear sailing...

It's a $5 cabinet hinge from Home Depot.

Attachments

• mudflap.JPG
    mudflap.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 63
PS. If not free, it should be a huge discount for motorcycle, two wheels vs four, 600-1000lbs vs car and truck weights.

25% of a car or truck rate.

JUST WANTED TO ADD...

I reckon the 407 should be a gift to motorcycles, we paid for it with taxes and they gave us the HOV lanes so,
applying similar logic, let the bikes ride free!

I have avoided charges by hugging the guardrail as you enter and leave the highway through the PIC gates.
NOT 100% but, some success in the past. Now I have a better scheme... my licence plate becomes a mudflap when I enter
and leave. Pretty sweet considering what the driving across the 401 has become. I did see a car wreck on the 407 today, upside down
in the ditch with 7x OPP in attendance plus the tow truck. Mostly drama free clear sailing...

It's a $5 cabinet hinge from Home Depot.
Watch out a plate flipper is illegal I am not sure what the charge isin Ontario. in bc they have seized vehicles for it.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

No plate is $85.
Obstruct plate $85
Etc.

I do one run from far east to far west in a day and we are looking at about the same cost.

Attachments

• ObstructPlate.JPG
    ObstructPlate.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 42

Back
Top Bottom