Hwy 407 question. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hwy 407 question.

nope...not true...we took it this summer and got dinged with a bill...we were hoping we wouldn't but no such luck...

The only difference between cars and bikes on the 407, is that you don't need a transponder on the bike to avoid the video toll charge.

When you get your bill from 407 make sure the charge is for a motorbike. If not call them and tell them is a motorbike. Different fee.

Uhh, No. Same fee.

Yes you are correct. However, I have been charged for not having a transponder. Had to call them and tell them I am a motorbike. Hence the difference. Thank you for pointing that out.

Uhh, No. Same fee.

No video toll charge.

Just wanted to verify a rumour i heard about Hwy. 407 being free for motorcycles. Does anybody know if this is true?
Thanx

Wheelie past the exit. Cover your plate with your hand. Use your foot. etc. etc. etc.

I've never done this before though, just seen it happen

It's my understanding that you aren't charged the video toll charge when you use the 407 on your bike only if you have a transponder for your car and you have both plates registered on the same account.

It's my understanding that you aren't charged the video toll charge when you use the 407 on your bike only if you have a transponder for your car and you have both plates registered on the same account.
This is correct. You need to have a 407 account. You need to call the 407 company to register your license plate as a motorcycle and link it to your account in order to not need a transponder and still avoid/suppress the video toll charges. You can make this call either before you take the 407 or after you get your bill. If you wait until after, they'll need to back out the video toll charges they automatically applied. They seem to periodically remove the plate suppression (i.e. once every year or two) so watch your bills. Toll rates are the same as any other light-duty vehicle, so don't expect a discount for riding a motorcycle.

Has anyone on a dual-sport/supermoto ever go around the lit gantrys with the cameras and lights?

Trick question: those that ride the 407 au gratis! :)

Just wanted to verify a rumour i heard about Hwy. 407 being free for motorcycles. Does anybody know if this is true?
Thanx
It isn't free.

Unless.........

Bend your plate... Just make sure to bend it back wile riding along in case of cops!

If not, you'll pay for the use of the road.

I was under the same understanding.

So not true. They fixed any speed issues related to video capture.

Just pay the ****ing toll cheapskates.

Well. A little history on the 407ETR, this was a massive investment of our tax dollars into a highway system that was supposed to relieve traffic from the 401 and generate revenue to help out government costs and relieve the taxpayer over a 40 years period, at least.
Somehow, this plan got derailed when the Mike Harris government sold off the highway in long -term leases to SNC Lavalin, a company now infamous for corruption scandals all over the world. This sale took place just before the 1999 election as the PC realized they were not going to be re-elected.
The agreement with leasing the highway is that any toll increases be approved by government, which was ignored and led to a court case, in which 407ETR won and was allowed to charge as much as they want.

So, can I steal your bike and rent it back to you for as much as I want? C'mon, don't be a cheapskate.

Back
Top Bottom