Enclosed trailer setup | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Enclosed trailer setup

umm...I was thinking a mid sized suv? kinda like an escape or even a cross over.Thought about adding a hitch and buying an open trailer. I do not have experience in towing things so I suspect parking and making right turns will be a great challenge..camping in the summer right by the track and waking up the next morning early for a track or race day would be a dream come true for me...so no problems there. I just want to keep my options open about the right kind of vehicle that would do this job without having to buy another vehicle just for this kinda stuff..

Just double check the towing ratings of whatever you want to buy. The smaller vehicles like that should be able to tow a light open trailer without any trouble.

If you have never towed anything before, your biggest challenge will be backing up.

Parking just about anything big means planning in advance so that you don't put yourself into a situation that you can't get out of. Even my van is like that.

So hypothetically speaking... would a mini cooper s pull a single flat trailer with one bike on it without issue?

Ask and thou shall receive!

img_7142.jpg

I have a mazda 3 and it specifically states that I cannot tow anything as per the manual. I'd want a bigger vehicle ( like a mid sized suv) for that purpose anyways...these lil cars are great but I don't wanna stress the motor and frame that much, even though I suspect bike + small trailer might weigh...lets say around 650 lbs??

Last edited:
I would have actually paid to see you put that kawi inside that montana...A very usefull lesson I would've learned.Do you have a video?

I'm not ready for a van. I knew they fit and it is a great idea but I can't bring myself to own one. I was just curious. Been contemplating a Cooper s for a while but it's only one option I'm considering.

I'm not ready for a van. I knew they fit and it is a great idea but I can't bring myself to own one. I was just curious. Been contemplating a Cooper s for a while but it's only one option I'm considering.

It's actually quite intresting...I'm reading other mini cooper forums and learning that - that lil bugger can tow upto 1400 lbs!!

Yeah I've heard that too but claims and real world are usually very different. It would make a great car for me and being supercharged it's easy to make some more power for little investment

I used the wife's Santa fe to tow the open trailer and plenty of space to sleep inside with an inflatable mattress.Waking up by the track in a may or late October weekend is nothing of a dream, more like a nightmare.
umm...I was thinking a mid sized suv? kinda like an escape or even a cross over.Thought about adding a hitch and buying an open trailer. I do not have experience in towing things so I suspect parking and making right turns will be a great challenge..camping in the summer right by the track and waking up the next morning early for a track or race day would be a dream come true for me...so no problems there. I just want to keep my options open about the right kind of vehicle that would do this job without having to buy another vehicle just for this kinda stuff..

Last edited:
Any vehicle can tow. But if they're not rated to, the engine and transmission would be stressed and may void warranty. I was looking for a while and ended up with the mid size Cherokee, next up is the trailer.

^ I have a mazda GS manual as well ( not the same year)...Owner's manual says to NOT tow any thing... :s

curious to know wht towing setup you've installed back there anyways..

^ I have a mazda GS manual as well ( not the same year)...Owner's manual says to NOT tow any thing... :s

A trailer hitch.

Curt class 1 hitch. Tows pretty good but mileage is reduced. Loss about 50kms on the tank going to and from the lake.

Back
Top Bottom