Enclosed trailer setup | GTAMotorcycle.com

Enclosed trailer setup

Maraujo

Hey guys I bought a new 8.5x14 enclosed trailer and need ideas for setup inside the trailer. Looking for ideas for cabinets and a bench in front of trailer. Post your pictures of your setups thanks

we just bought a 6x10 and would be interested in seeing what everyone else has done as well...

There's definatly more complicated setups but this is mine from this year. The tool box at the back is extremely convienient as I don't have to climb in/out to get tools. I have room for a workbench but they take up a lot of space.

Last edited:
I was thinking about doing this... wish I had to be honest. I went to the dealership to buy a van with very low miles and good condition but they sold it in the morning before I arrived.

When you get the van setup I'd like to see it.

I just got a 5x8 for next to nothing. Hopefully two bikes and some gear go in. Lol

I'm selling my 8x20 for a big sprinter van! Gonna make it awsome for the track
I've never figured out why more people don't do this? Diesel. Not horrid on fuel. Tons of room in the back. I would think it would make a great hauler :dontknow:

I think sprinter doesn't get done more because even 7-8 yrs old a good one is still 8-12k. They aren't cheap and the Benz diesel is very good but spendy to repair. That said we have had one at the office for 8yrs and its been VERY good. Even with idiot summer students driving it. Unless it could be used for more than track its an expenditure for sure.

I'm going to build a room in the front and garage in the back. It's too expensive to haul the big trailer around for no real reason other then to sleep in it lol

I think sprinter doesn't get done more because even 7-8 yrs old a good one is still 8-12k. They aren't cheap and the Benz diesel is very good but spendy to repair. That said we have had one at the office for 8yrs and its been VERY good. Even with idiot summer students driving it. Unless it could be used for more than track its an expenditure for sure.

Yup, its another vehicle to liscence, insure, and maintain. My truck is far more useful to me than a van and my trailer is more comfortable for my family to spend the weekend in.

I'm selling my 8x20 for a big sprinter van! Gonna make it awsome for the track

Heard about some other people doing the same thing with retired ambulances. Diesel motors, just let them run most of the day long, plug your warmers into the external jacks, even leave a bench in one side to sleep on as necessary.

I thought this was a great idea also, but don't need another motor to maintain right now. Utilizing all the space in a 5x8 is a bit cozy but I have put two bikes in and gear.

What's the cost on insurance/ 4 tires/ bearings / trailer brakes/ wear on my truck / **** load of fuel ect every year ? Vs maintaining a van I'll drive maybe 12 times a summer?
I'm thinking the van is better loo

To me a "tow vehicle" is usually a large suv or truck. The majority aren't great on fuel for a daily driver. Most people don't have the luxury of just having a truck sit there as a spare vehicle for something like that. This is why. Sprinter would make sense. Used they can be had for a bargain and the crd is better on fuel than the average v8 half or three quarter ton truck. I agree that over the year it would be a money savings.

Insurance is at least 10x more for the van, plus sticker, licensing, maintaining another vehicle etc.
If you are trying to make the decision based on cost, it's a no-brainer which is cheaper!
That said, I'd love to have a sprint over my trailer but it's not in the cards for me.
Not mine but I wish it was!

Just the cost of fuel to and from the track is 300 it's a 3.5 hour drive for me
Average weekend at soar
Fuel-300
Race fuel-130
food/drinks-60
Tires -500
fees-260
Trailer storage 70 per month
All my race stuff in storage-90 per month
It costs me 60 dollars to drive to soar without a trailer.
If I can get rid of the storage fees( keeping everything in the van in my garage) and the fuel savings to soar, I'd be saving huge
My thinking is the van would pretty much pay for it self, and I can make it nicer then the trailer.

You could get a smaller trailer. That van's probably the size of a 6x10 so you could have a single axle. My trailer is pretty cheap to insure, my mielage is almost the same while towing with the truck being diesel and the trailer is 7' wide so it's only slightly wider than the truck. I could have a 1/2 ton truck and a race van for the price of my truck but then trying to fit the wife,kid,dog and myself in there for a weekend (week or more this year) would be a giant pain in the reproductive organ. If it's just you for the weekend and one bike with minimal equipment than yes a van is ideal if you don't need a truck for other things.

Why don't you store your stuff in the trailer now?
Race fuel....better spent on tires
If it costs you $60 compared to $240 more to tow a trailer your doing somthing wrong or thank f I got rid of my gasser.

I'm not talking you out of the van because it does make sense for you but your numbers seem a bit high. It costs me $50-60 to tow my trailer for ~4hrs at 110-120km/h.

Last edited:
Just the cost of fuel to and from the track is 300 it's a 3.5 hour drive for me
Average weekend at soar
Fuel-300
Race fuel-130
food/drinks-60
Tires -500
fees-260
Trailer storage 70 per month
All my race stuff in storage-90 per month
It costs me 60 dollars to drive to soar without a trailer.
If I can get rid of the storage fees( keeping everything in the van in my garage) and the fuel savings to soar, I'd be saving huge
My thinking is the van would pretty much pay for it self, and I can make it nicer then the trailer.

Your logic works if you want to drive the van every day.
My trailer spends more time in the driveway than hooked up to my vehicle, so it doesn't make sense to have a van for the amount of driving I do in a year. That doesn't mean it wouldn't make more sense to anyone else.
The average yearly running cost of a vehicle is 5k per year, my trailer is about $80 a year for insurance and a spot in my driveway.

Anyway, I think the OP was more concerned about pimping his trailer out than be convinced that he should have bought a van! Lol

Another cool trailer that's not mine...
Used for motocross racing, it has a generator and running hot and cold water for a shower and pressure washing the bike after the race.

DSCF8273.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom