Seems Fast Bikes loves the Tuono | GTAMotorcycle.com

Seems Fast Bikes loves the Tuono

Shaman

Nakedtest2.png~original

One only imagines that the 1100 will make a bigger splash, still.

I really don't understand why I don't see a lot of these bikes on the road, I can't even bring myself to sell my old V60 and it's got 40hp less than the current one.

Did you read the quote?

You mean this one?

"There are no faults in the Aprilia's armoury. The fastest, bestest, sexiest-sounding super-naked ever!"

FYI, this was from a test of pretty well all the super-nakeds. The S1000R, 1290 Super Duke, 1050 Speed Triple R, Monster 1200S, Brutale Corsa and Z1000 were also in the test. The Tuono won, and had a 0.6 second track advantage over the next quickest bike. I'm not going to post the whole article for obvious reasons.

Last edited:
No. I'm pretty sure he means the one that says "there are shortfalls on the road, but the tuono is head and shoulders above its rivals on track"

Since most people will ride these bikes on the road, the track performance (although neat) is not a strong selling feature.

BMW>Aprilia

Hahahahaha I figured that's what you meant. Sounds like the article gave you shrinkage. ;) I'm sure the S1000R is a great bike, but it's an inline-4. I'm beyond bored with i4s on the street.

No. I'm pretty sure he means the one that says "there are shortfalls on the road, but the tuono is head and shoulders above its rivals on track"

Since most people will ride these bikes on the road, the track performance (although neat) is not a strong selling feature.

BMW>Aprilia

I thought Fast Bikes was supposed to be a respectable magazine? It mentions "shortfalls on the road" but it completely fails to elaborate on that any further. Plus it reads like their ideal naked bike is merely an SS with the fairing knocked off?

Yeah they all liked the Tuono on the track but if you read the article they fought over the S1000R when it was time to ride home. I think for track I'd want the RSV4 not the Tuono anyway. I would have one but the dealer network is just, how can I say it, very skinny.

For me, it's no skinnier than Suzuki or Kawasaki, these days. Also, I think you may be thinking of another article wrt the BMW, this one came from December, 2014. Not available in Canada yet.

I may regret this.... While it's a nice bike and all the network is a lot skinnier than suzuki sir. A lot. I will give you that if I had to choose between the tuono and s1000r it would be a hard decision.

I may regret this.... While it's a nice bike and all the network is a lot skinnier than suzuki sir.

Again, not for me. Nearest Suzuki dealership is an hour's drive away. It's two hours for Aprilia, not a lot different overall as both take a whole morning to drive if I've got to take the bike in for a service. Nearest Kawasaki dealership is just as far. You'd think i'd buy Yamaha, since the dealership isn't far at all (20 mins tops) but the issues that my friends have had with their bikes and the general character of their fleet keeps me away. Never say never, though... the R6 makes a fine race/track bike.

No I'm thinking of this article, I have a digital subscription, got it 3 days ago. The notes are at the end of the article when each contributor sums up.

Must be nice... someone stole my copy of last month's issue at the gym tonight. *sigh*

Hmm, a 2hr round trip is the same as a 4hr round trip. Am I missing something?

Yep. You're missing that either way, I have to devote a morning's drive to it.

Back
Top Bottom