If you had 4-5 days... | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

If you had 4-5 days...

How about Quebec City? Check out some of the boutique hotels in the old town. Great restaurants and history as well. It's like going to europe on the cheap.

Last time I was in Quebec city it was ****ing expensive. Catered to the yanks pouring over the border with higher value dollars in hand.

Miami - Cheap rentals, cheap hotels and great weather.

...and Salsaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

o-SKYRISE-MIAMI-OBSERVATION-TOWER-facebook.jpg

Last edited:
It may be a little pricey, but Vancouver is where I'd be headed. Mountains right across from downtown, and Whistler is 1hr via Sea-to-Sky Hwy.

2014-09-03%2B17.56.16.jpg

How about Quebec City? Check out some of the boutique hotels in the old town. Great restaurants and history as well. It's like going to europe on the cheap.
Between Quebec City and Montreal I'd pick Montreal every time. If you don't know french Montreal is much more ummmmm "accepting" I've found too many people in qc won't speak english to you.

Thanks for the all the suggestions. The missus speaks French, so she gets us by while I just look dumb or butcher the language. I've got the accent down pat, but it's just garbled nonsense that comes out. So Quebec City might be an option, because I've never been, but we usually head to Montreal a few times a year and Mont Tremblant. Not sure if she has been before...

She also was thinking about going to Miami as neither of us have ever been and I'm sure it would be fun. That picture looks awesome. Sorry for the ignorance, but what's interesting to do there besides walk around and see stuff? The nightlife must be awesome.

Vancouver is a place I have been to many times (sister lives there), but she has never been so that might work. I really like getting out to Victoria and beyond on the island. I took the train there and back about 10yrs ago and it was a really cool trip.

It's also got to be a place we've never been to, so the idea of Panama is appealing. I have an old friend who went there for his honeymoon and he kept going on about how much they liked Panama. We are fine with hostels and backpacking around - that's our preferred way to travel.

Roomie - I went to Belize/Guatemala last year around this time and it was a great time. Lots to see and do. Snorkeling and Scuba Diving is first rate.

We would be going alone, not to celebrate New Years, but just because it's when we both have time off from work. All our friends have kids and couldn't get away for a trip like this.

lol have kids and then we can all stay up early together at home or don't have kids and travel the world... kids are awesome though...

She also was thinking about going to Miami as neither of us have ever been and I'm sure it would be fun. That picture looks awesome. Sorry for the ignorance, but what's interesting to do there besides walk around and see stuff? The nightlife must be awesome.

It will all depend of what you like doing.

Night life in Miami is just awesome, you can hard core party or just enjoy the evening by seating in an outside bar, have a few drinks and enjoy the view.
Wife and I like driving around and just enjoying the views and Miami has some great spots to drive around.

During the day there are things to do like the Zoo, malls, but obviously the Beach.

Do a Google search, there are plenty of things.

Most awesome things can really hurt you. Think about it.

Or road trip with all season tires. On down side, 5 day road trip in Ontario couldn't be had for cost of all inclusive 5 day banana belt including flight.

Nice cross thread reference.
Stop knocking my all seasons.
What's the banana belt? South? If so, yeah, cottage/chalet alone somewhere around $1k for 5 days. I'll take the sun. Never make up north on my all season tires.

If you go to Miami there's definitely some cool things to see in south beach. It's not a bad short trip. I hear you. I'm the only one in my circle without a wife/kids. I don't mind it though. I've been 20 times more places than anyone I know. Thanks ks for the tips too. I've heard nothing but praise for Belize. So much so I might cave and spend the loot to go at xmas

It is really individual, and it depends on accommodation you get, how you plan your time, the weather...

I've been to all those places mentioned so far... and my vote goes to Miami for this time of year. Just remember - most horrible news stories start with "Florida man..." :)

The reason I initially suggested Vancouver is because of the idea of hiking and skiing that was thrown earlier in thread.

Otherwise, my vote would go to Miami as well, for having the best combination of beaches and parties.

Also, Markus Schulz is playing a marathon set on NYE there, and that alone is a reason enough to travel =)

Otherwise, the pancakeness of FL doesn't really interest me much in terms of scenery, but maybe I shouldn't speak as I've been to more than half of the states. For scenery, AZ, UT, CO, CA, BC, WY, in that order.

you've only got 4-5 days so you'll spend a good part of a day on each end possibly in transit if you aim at Vancouver or Panama. If you'd rather warm than cold I'd go Miami, or better Key West, or Miami and drive out to Key west. Phoenix is great . Vegas can be cool temps in Dec and even North FLA can be not as fun. You could also get a 5 days cruise out of Fla, stop in Bahama, Key west. Don't rule out cruise ships as old man vacations. Nice dining , hot tubs and pools , theater , dance clubs, cigar lounges, usually three to five bands a night somewhere on board.

Turks and Caicos?

We liked it there, and kids thought it was food camp.

Yeah I don't care for Vegas either. What about something like myrtle beach? New Orleans is pretty cool although I have been since Katrina.

Count me in as needing some advice here as well. Been at my new career for a year now and finally qualify for some vacation time. The job is all seniority based so I have a grand total of one week for November 15'th. However, I do have another 4 lieu days I can use and I juggled my schedule to have 5 days off from December 24'th onwards. My wife and I could take off on December 26'th and have 4-7 days to play with.

I have never been to Vegas and there seems to be enough to do there is the city itself and the surrounding areas to easily occupy us for that amount of time.

Back
Top Bottom