Ready Powersports: Do they sell any motorcycles? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ready Powersports: Do they sell any motorcycles?

Blooton

I visited this place for the first time last week and was stunned by my experience. The pricing of their models was above the term rip off. As an example, Honda Canada's web page is advertising 2014 models at discounted prices. The sticker price on a roughly $5000 dollar model was stickered at $5800, plus another $800 for freight and pdi. I asked a salesman (nicely) why they were posting a MSRP higher than found from Honda's website and was told the price on the bike is the price you pay. I found similar discrepancies on other brands. The fact that other dealers are selling the bikes (Honda as an example) for the web MSRP with tax only added makes me wonder if Ready actually has any sales to customers that do some research.

I bought a bike there years ago and got a pretty good deal on it. However the bike I traded in is still in their inventory. They've had the thing for at least 5 years! :lmao:

I digress from price, but issues with the service when buying brand new bike from them a couple of years back.
Within 1500 kms on the bike (1 month of riding):
- Gear shifter dangling off the bike during a ride (wasn't fastened properly)
- Bike would completely shut off cold while riding. (happened twice on the highway) - their explanation: A sticker was restricting airflow around the battery. :confused:

Bearing in mind, they did the first 1000km service... The service manager flat out refused to tow bike at the dealer's expense.
So much for checking/fastening all screws and bolts. That was basically $400 oil change... If they even bothered to do it... :rolleyes:

I don't plan on ever dealing with them again.

On a related note about high dealer prices - I posted this in another thread:

Think that's bad, check out this one I snapped at ready yamaha in mississauga the other day.

b857b6122b7e35b14e12cb041e1cb2e7.jpg

Cash price is $13,175.43 + tax + licensing

The financing price would be a mind boggling $296.48 over 60 months with $1000 down. = $ 18,788.80 + tax + licensing.

Yes, it's a 2012 GSXR600

i like it there because i can go in , sit on a bunch of bikes, and no sales person ever bugs me...

I have bought 3 bikes there in the last 2 years with no issue. And the price I paid was well below quotes from any other place.

I have bought 3 bikes there in the last 2 years with no issue. And the price I paid was well below quotes from any other place.
just curious...did you have to negotiate very hard ?

I have negotiated harder trying to buy a 10 year old track bike. But then, to add perspective, not desiring the latest, greatest, highest demand model, year etc likely assisted with my experience.

just curious...did you have to negotiate very hard ?

So much for checking/fastening all screws and bolts. That was basically $400 oil change... If they even bothered to do it... :rolleyes:

A coworker caught a Honda dealership doing the same on his car. He read up on which bolts they were supposed to check/tighten and which parts they were to replace and marked all the screws and bolts. Got it back with all his marks still lined up. When he asked them about it they admitted they only pretended to do the work and then gave him a refund and offered to do it again for free in return for him not telling anyone.

A coworker caught a Honda dealership doing the same on his car. He read up on which bolts they were supposed to check/tighten and which parts they were to replace and marked all the screws and bolts. Got it back with all his marks still lined up. When he asked them about it they admitted they only pretended to do the work and then gave him a refund and offered to do it again for free in return for him not telling anyone.
I guess that didnt work

He's overly kind towards jerks?

Love that $299 admin fee in the earlier post. I always wonder what suckers pay these.
I mean we are all suckers anyhow, we pay 13% tax on privately sold used vehicles and double tax on gas but admin fees are for truly special peeps.

but, but, but... I have to enter your name in the computer. That's legit work man. Honest.

I can't believe what I just read. I would have posted it everywhere.

Like those 95* point inspections with the 24.99* oil change. Does anybody really expect it for real? By an untrained monkee?

* all figures approximate

Like those 95* point inspections with the 24.99* oil change. Does anybody really expect it for real? By an untrained monkee?

they do check tires though man!

you need new tires!...nevermind you break your ball joints an intersection away after they checked those under their 95 pt inspection....but..

you need new tires!

That's just like "topping off fluids" with an oil change. What bloody fluids? Aside from windshield washer, they are all closed systems so if it ain't leaking or burning, what you gonna top off? And if it's leaking or burning than "topping off" is the least of your concern.

Back
Top Bottom