Best Warm Winter Gloves | GTAMotorcycle.com

Best Warm Winter Gloves

Look at Gerbings, Tourmaster, First Gear and WarmnSafe for heated gloves that are wired. There are different models for different types of riding styles and warmth needed. Generally the more bulky, the colder you can ride with them, because they retain the heat better. The more fitted and sporty, the less cold they will block out. To get yourself properly geared up, you would need the gloves and some sort of controller to dial the heat up or down. I believe the Tourmasters come with a controller already and with the others mentioned, you need to buy the controller separately.

There are also the velocity gloves, which I have no experience with, but they are battery powered which allows for portability to things other than riding motorbikes. Check out the reviews section here for peoples thoughts.

The wired gloves are good for those who need longer durations of high heat, but as the battery powered gloves keep improving they are getting more and more attractive.

GP bikes sells heated gear, and possibly DualSportPlus and AViciousCycle. Not sure where else.

Last edited:
Winners?

I just picked up this really good deal for a Xmas present, Barts Impact Advance Ski Snowboard Gloves.
Honestly, they are more protective that my motorcyle specifc winter gloves that are not armoured.
And IIRC for $29.99.

I got two pairs. Never seen this brand before (Barts), gloves are made in China, quality is very high. As usual with Winners, there are not enough sizes, and they may not be in stock everywhere. They are supposed to be waterpoof, I have not tested them.

prod_7739.jpg

GP bikes sells heated gear, and possibly DualSportPlus and AViciousCycle. Not sure where else.

hope this isn't too far off topic......yesterday at dualsportplus i saw oxford handlebar mitts, i think called bone dry or something,

I've tried these on at Rider's Choice and they're really comfy with thermal lining and not much bulk at all. I personally really like the Dainese, they look super slick for cold weather gloves.

Rev-It Bastion

Revit-Bastion-GTX.jpg

Dainese Scout

daiscout.jpg

a set of handguards (common on dualsport bikes) will greatly increase hand comfort by cutting out the wind. that, my gerbings gloves and jacket and a quick release windshield allow me to ride year round

national cycle has a set of clear guards in case you worry about looks

http://www.nationalcycle.com/catalogue/CoolWeather.shtml

I have handguards, heated grips, and heated gloves. I use the grips when it's a bit chilly but under about 12 degrees the heated gloves are needed. I find my Gerbings G3 gloves are much less bulky than non heated cold weather gloves. I don't even turn the grips on when I have the heated gloves on. I got mine at GP Bikes.

gerbing-g3-heated-gloves-12v-motorcycle-4.gif

yes forgot to mention-bought at gp bikes when they have their no tax sale

Recently picked up a pair of Gerbing T5 heated gloves from Riders Choice. I find them absolutely incredible... even at 8-10C I don't even need to turn them on (I have handguards)

Yes they are fairly expensive, but.... phenomenal ;)

ger-glt5hym_7_2.png

I've had a rally good experience with FXR Snowmobile gloves. They aren't armoured but they allow my heated grips to keep my hands warm while giving me the ability to ride on the highway below freezing.

The trick, if looking for non-electric gloves, is to find something that is lightly padded in the palms (so you can "feel" the throttle) and has more padding on the back of the hand. I think the snowmobile gloves do fairly well at that.

These also look great!

Recently picked up a pair of Gerbing T5 heated gloves from Riders Choice. I find them absolutely incredible... even at 8-10C I don't even need to turn them on (I have handguards)

Yes they are fairly expensive, but.... phenomenal ;)

ger-glt5hym_7_2.png

MarcosSantiago-- do you have a link for those gloves?
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 Windows Phone using Tapatalk

Which, of the recommended heated options above, are battery powered vs needing to be plugged in?
As far as I know, gloves made Gerbings, Tourmaster, First Gear and WarmnSafe is mostly wired, with a few models of battery operated stuff. Heated gear products made under the First Gear brand are actually made by WarmnSafe and rebranded. The newer gloves coming out over the last few years have been really nice.

For those looking into heated gloves and don't mind if they are wired, it might be worth looking into heated glove liners that are cheaper, and designed to be worn underneath your normal riding gloves.

Last edited:
Snowmobile gloves here. I think they're just HTC.

Also, one trick is to overdress your torso just a bit, with maybe one layer too many. The body will try to keep cool by sending more warm blood to your extremities - hands and feet. Whereas if you're underdressed, your body will pull blood back from your extremities to try and warm up your core.

A lot of keeping your hands and feet warm during cold riding comes down to proper dress overall.

Back
Top Bottom