Action Cameras | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Action Cameras

I putt on public roads, and tuck at the track.

I've tucked even while stuck in a gridlock on the Gardiner :D (came up on a group, so we were just bored and having fun like tucking and revving our engines)

Highly recommend Contour+2 bought last year, just before they went broke, but the company has been reactivated by new owner-investors. Don't know what the problem was but likely poor marketing, as GoPro did a great job on promoting their product and just ran away with the market.

The Contour quality is excellent (1080 like the competition) and the price much better. It's bullet-shaped and streamlined to minimize drag, and that can be mounted at the side of the helmet (unlike the GoPro which looks like a friggin pirate parrot on top of the helmet), and can be mounted anywhere else.

Re: SENA - Prism camera

Looks like Sena has a bluetooth helmet camera, and likely the new "next best thing"

http://www.sena.com/promo/prism/

Mounts at side of helmet, not at the top like a friggin pigeon!

Last edited:
Not all 1080P is the same, as shown in this comparo http://gizmodo.com/5965732/the-best-action-camera

Also, I wouldn't want to mount a bullet cam to the chin guard of my helmet. GoPro fits nicely.

Lots of changes in the two+ years since that review was written. Isn't Contour dead?

I've been using the DRIFT Ghost-S and have had none of the problems these guys mention on the previous version. My remote and wifi app have been working perfectly. They also have a new Stealth 2.0 camera out, which is a fraction of the size of the Ghost for those looking for a very small camera.

http://store.driftinnovation.com/

I was just trying to point out that 1080P isn't a measure of quality, it's just resolution and other technical stuff. There's always gonna be good 1080P and bad 1080P.

Internal Rechargeable Batteries (non-removable)

no thanks...
ONE shouldn't slam a product one has never tried. 4 yrs of use for me with that cam and not 1 hick up. 4hrs of battery every time. HA !

ONE shouldn't slam a product one has never tried. 4 yrs of use for me with that cam and not 1 hick up. 4hrs of battery every time. HA !

HA, I go for 8-10 hour rides... this camera would be useless.

So the camera came out in 2011 and you had it for 4 years? How did you manage that?

Last edited:
HA, I go for 8-10 hour rides... this camera would be useless.

So the camera came out in 2011 and you had it for 4 years? How did you manage that?
Ummm this would be the 4th year. Just sayin. It wouldn't be bad if you could wire it up to charge on the bike. :dontknow:

Ummm this would be the 4th year. Just sayin. It wouldn't be bad if you could wire it up to charge on the bike. :dontknow:

Internal rechargable battery would be one you could charge on the bike...probably run it off 12v

Was looking at these. Your link goes to the OPS camera. Is it the same as the "biker cam"? I also can't tell if you can record with an external mic.
bought it justb4 the biker camera came out. it has a internal mic.PS in 3 weeks it will be 2015
if you buy the biker cam it comes with the charger.... see pic.
to Splash...look I don't sell this stuff, I just have one and like it. It's not a gopro but its not $500 either

Attachments

• BikerCamCloseWet.jpg
    BikerCamCloseWet.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
bought it justb4 the biker camera came out. it has a internal mic.PS in 3 weeks it will be 2015
if you buy the biker cam it comes with the charger.... see pic.
to Splash...look I don't sell this stuff, I just have one and like it. It's not a gopro but its not $500 either

So it's been 3 years and a few months. Not 4 years. Math!!!!

We've gone through a decent pile of action cams filming for our aviation TV show. I have to recommend GoPro. We've tried wannabes and they were just that. New GoPros come in lesser, more affordable versions (white or silver vs black). But you can pick up previous generations even cheaper and get TV-grade quality. Case in point, we just upgraded to Hero 4 blacks, and have a few Hero 3 blacks to trade-in for about $100 each (we skipped through the 3+). We also have a few Contours that I can hardly give away! Seriously, GoPro owns the market for a reason and there are many varieties to consider. My 2 cents.

Back
Top Bottom