Action Cameras | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Action Cameras

We've gone through a decent pile of action cams filming for our aviation TV show. I have to recommend GoPro. We've tried wannabes and they were just that. New GoPros come in lesser, more affordable versions (white or silver vs black). But you can pick up previous generations even cheaper and get TV-grade quality. Case in point, we just upgraded to Hero 4 blacks, and have a few Hero 3 blacks to trade-in for about $100 each (we skipped through the 3+). We also have a few Contours that I can hardly give away! Seriously, GoPro owns the market for a reason and there are many varieties to consider. My 2 cents.

GoPros are not broadcast quality. You can definitely tell when they switch to a GoPro on a show. That's also the reason Mythbusters have stop using them and switch to another camera.

GoPro owns the market because they are good at marketing.

So my buddy has been big into dash cams, had me thinking about getting a helmet cam. Not for vlogging or anything special. I like the looks of the contour (bullet style) as opposed to an awkward looking gopro like camera. Whats out there in the <150$ market?

Back
Top Bottom