Cop stuck with him pretty well... | GTAMotorcycle.com

Cop stuck with him pretty well...

Anyway familliar enough with the bike and gearing to guess the speeds?

Sent from my my mobile using a strange app for damaged people

Brave guy... that bike is sprocketed to hell and back, and it was probably stolen, as a lot of stunter bikes are. He had plenty of reason to run and I'm sure, more than a bit of experience doing so. I'm going to guess that he was topped out at 210-220km/h but it's just a shot in the dark.

The stunters often put crazy short gearing on them for easier wheelies, so the high revs doesn't mean much. Obviously more than 55 mph but obviously quite a bit less than what the cop car could do. The wheelies and the weaving through traffic are a little attention-getting, too ...

A Hemi Charger or Eco-Boost Taurus police car would be tough to get away from on open freeways regardless of gearing.

I figure that running on a bike that can't actually outrun a cruiser is bringing a knife to a car fight. You are putting a lot of faith in the cop not attempting any maneuvers that would kill you.

I've seen videos of stunters running with visible speedo's and they are barely cracking 100MPH.

Who knows how off the speedos will be though, even if they tried to correct them

Brave guy... that bike is sprocketed to hell and back, and it was probably stolen, as a lot of stunter bikes are. He had plenty of reason to run and I'm sure, more than a bit of experience doing so. I'm going to guess that he was topped out at 210-220km/h but it's just a shot in the dark.

Back of the envelope calculation suggests that going +10 on a rear sprocket on your average 600 will put your top speed roughly in the area of 200kph, so sounds right to me

I've seen videos of stunters running with visible speedo's and they are barely cracking 100MPH.

man...I be running from them suckaz on my stunta 250 all the time...barely cracking 100MPH.

I figure that running on a bike that can't actually outrun a cruiser is bringing a knife to a car fight. You are putting a lot of faith in the cop not attempting any maneuvers that would kill you.

Not that I'm speaking from experience ;)... but the best case scenario is not to let them even make it to their car especially if they're running a speed trap with a tripod. Its advisable to not look at or acknowledge them...its not running if you don't know or didn't see he's a pig.

One time the ******* literally jumped from behind the bushes and came running on to the road wearing all navy blue/black waving his arms frantically like a ****ing retard...Yea, I ripped it off the lights but its a 250 for ****'s sake...how fast can it be? Needless to say I did't stop for that idiot. My first reaction was "Is this SOB trying to get killed!!?" It was so sudden I didn't even realize it was a cop.

Using your environment to your advantage is key, that's what saved this guy in the end. You've got to know the area somewhat, but I've even been saved by a few random catwalks before. You go through a couple those and you can put a lot of distance between you and the piggies.

In the end what it comes down to is knowing and using your strengths to their greatest advantage while negating the opponents. Its cat vs mouse, and they're always the cats...so its never about taking them head on.

Last edited:
One time the ******* literally jumped from behind the bushes and came running on to the road wearing all navy blue/black waving his arms frantically like a ****ing retard...Yea, I ripped it off the lights but its a 250 for ****'s sake...how fast can it be? Needless to say I did't stop for that idiot. My first reaction was "Is this SOB trying to get killed!!?" It was so sudden I didn't even realize it was a cop.

Those ones, I just wave to. :D

I always figure if the cop jumps from behind the bushes and runs into the road and you stop in time he just proved that you weren't over driving your brakes and were within safe driving limits. Of course they don't see it that way.

Hard to run when your rear sprocket is the size of a dinner plate.

Back
Top Bottom