RACE Superseries new 2015 resistration fee's | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

RACE Superseries new 2015 resistration fee's

One person drives with 4, 5, 6, etc bikes and gear. Everyone else flies out for the wknd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's the plan but with a bigger truck. Having an AZ driver at my disposal could help get the whole paddock there at an affordable rate.

I'm trying to not use my truck if possible.

That's the plan but with a bigger truck. Having an AZ driver at my disposal could help get the whole paddock there at an affordable rate.

I'm trying to not use my truck if possible.

Your truck could tow a bigger trailer with many bikes in it if it came to that. You get the point, and hopefully everyone else does, that driving out there solo is insane.

Your truck could tow a bigger trailer with many bikes in it if it came to that. You get the point, and hopefully everyone else does, that driving out there solo is insane.

Solo is not going to happen, if there's no other option then I guess I'll be missing a double header.

Marcel used to drive 3 days from bc to do mosport lol after day 3 you start to loose your mind a bit lol

I still don't get how he's able to do what he does

Before he got with mobibuff, he saved every penny from work to race. He's literally put his life on hold for his love of the sport, he's actually even now still not making a living racing. Lucky for him Greg (mobibuff) pays for all his flights, back and forth from bc to Vegas, pays for his hotel while he's racing.
The trailer, the bikes, the gear, the canopys, all fees including entrance, tires, food, gas ect are payed for buy Greg.
Greg and marcel met through his YouTube vids, Greg called him up and wanted to sponsor him, and now marcel has made a big name for himself in the USA racing.
When I was with the team in Cali racing the superbike shootout, the costs of pro racing became really clear. You simply can't do it without being rich, or getting a big sponsor.

Cool man thanks for the insight. Good for him for being able to land big sponsors like that. That takes as much skill as the racing itself!

Here are the new registration fee's for the 2015 seasons. http://www.shannonville.com/assets/files/2015raceregistration.pdf
looks like they're starting off in a good direction.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the "single event license" is free for the first weekend. That's a nice little boost to anyone who has wanted to try a weekend without committing to a full license, as well as previous racers who have limited their involvement.

So a SOAR racer coming as a visitor not only gets 50% off, but also doesn't have to kick in anything toward a second license. Basically, it's the invitational thing on your own schedule. Nice!

Shannonville is not on the Indian reserve, therefore the track is not on reserve property, never was! I know the track is for sale but what I hear it is business as usual, despite the efforts of some certain people to bury the place

Last edited:
Probably a reply to John Bickle in post #38. My understanding of the property had been the same as John's, but thanks to the marvel of the Internet, one can find a map showing the boundaries of the Tyendinaga Mohawk Territory here: https://images.search.yahoo.com/ima...=yhs-mozilla-001&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-001

The northern boundary appears to be well south of the rail line south of Highway 2, so indeed Laycock (whoever that might be) is correct - the track is not on the Indian reserve land.

Probably a reply to John Bickle in post #38. My understanding of the property had been the same as John's, but thanks to the marvel of the Internet, one can find a map showing the boundaries of the Tyendinaga Mohawk Territory here: https://images.search.yahoo.com/ima...=yhs-mozilla-001&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-001

The northern boundary appears to be well south of the rail line south of Highway 2, so indeed Laycock (whoever that might be) is correct - the track is not on the Indian reserve land.

That map does show the rail line outside the reserve. Which brings up the question,,when the reserve blocked the tracks and were burning tires/cars just south of the track. It would appear they were not on reserve property. Which they were as they were fighting the tracks going through their land.It was highly volatile situation.So has the boundry moved? or is the map wrong? Or did someone lie to me,, which still doesn't explain the reserve blocking the rail lines outside the reserve.

despite the efforts of Colin Fraser to bury the place

I don't really see how he could even do that? With the cost of track rentals going up with tracks close to the GTA ,,Shannonville should have a
very good shot at picking up car and bike business,,,should they want it.

Back
Top Bottom