RACE Superseries new 2015 resistration fee's | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

RACE Superseries new 2015 resistration fee's

So stuff like aftermarket wheels, calipers, rotors and adjustable triple clamps is ok?

the 50% deal refers to a one time deal, you cant bring the same guy every weekend and get 50% off. bring a new to race, guy, ever weekend and yes. but that guy only gets 50% off once.

the 50% deal refers to a one time deal, you cant bring the same guy every weekend and get 50% off. bring a new to race, guy, ever weekend and yes. but that guy only gets 50% off once.
If you think about it, even if the same RACE racer keeps bringing the same SOAR Racer it will still be a win win for the event, bigger grids, more spectators/Crew and they are basically not losing the entry fee money, they are just getting half from each racer instead of all from 1 racer.

Can someone tell me in layman's terms what modifications are acceptable in the amateur 600 series? Thinking of picking up a 600 race bike over the winter. Would like to join Soar but Grand Bend is way too for of a drive for me. Thanks!

Just buy one that's already a race bike.

Go to www.soaracing.ca and click on "rulebook". The class names are a bit different but the general idea is the same. I think the one exception is that at RACE, 600 is a DOT-tire class, so no slicks, but bike preparation otherwise is the same.

Just because the track is for sale doesn't mean it can't continue as an operating business in the meantime.

IF someone buys it, then the moment the deal closes, the operation of the business becomes the buyer's responsibility.

So stuff like aftermarket wheels, calipers, rotors and adjustable triple clamps is ok?

Regional-level events are one thing, nationals are quite another. CSBK is considerably more restrictive with regards to all of that. I know for sure that in the nationals, you have to use the stock wheels.

^ I doubt if there's much market for condos there! Plenty of other land in the area, and no booming metropolis.

But your point remains ... if the property does get sold, there is no telling what will happen afterward.

http://www.shannonville.com/assets/files/RACE Rulebook .pdf

I don't find the rulebook to be that clear but as far as the mods you mentioned it states:
RACE said:
Original equipment brake systems and wheels must be used. Aftermarket brake pads andlines may be installed, and the front brake master cylinder may be substituted. Aftermarket
front brake rotors may be used as long as the rotors are the same size as OEM equipment.
Caliper mounts and hangers, front and rear, may not be modified or substituted.
RACE said:
f) Triple clamps may be substituted.
g) Steering head inserts to adjust rake may be used as long as no part of the
frame is modified
That is under Pro 600, but I would assume Novice/Am would be the same as I don't see a separate section for it.

Last edited:
Just an FYI guys. Dont get too bent about rules and classes. Last season we did a round at Shannonville. The intent of that was to get the owners attention and ultimately a sit down.It worked as planned and I had that meeting. I love the WERA or CCS model where there are divisions all over the US rules are the same and points are the same in every division. Throughout the season a rider gets points at the home series with the goal of accumulating enough to be invited to the final against all the other divisions with the ultimate goal of becoming the overall champion. In our case SOAR and RACE would combine rules and points and create an Ontario Championship, The benefit is obvious and should you say miss a home round or DNF you can attend a round at the other series to try and recover points for the invite. So there would be an Ontario East division (RACE) and a West division (SOAR). If this works (no reason to think it wont using the US models) we could in years future add other regional series from other provinces with revolving final locations year to year.
Now where we are today is Chris has been given the blessing from Mr Gautier to get this done and as of now Chris and I have spoken on the phone and will be soon having a sit down to iron out the details. Hopefully it all comes together, if it does it will require BIG changes to rules and classes to work. Stay tuned I just didnt want to see a 30 page thread arguing about rules that very well may be gone in the very near future.

^ Keep up the good work, Ken.

As long as I have a place to ride my tricked-out little old bike, I'm happy.

thats is a good idea, but it will eliminate the "relaxed" rules we play by now.

A proper SS class wouldn't survive now and they'd have to combine other classes to have enough time in the schedule.

So i pay for my RACE licence at the bike show then show up to the first round and condos are going up.
Well as it is on the reserve, I'm not 100% sure but ,,I'll say a 99 year lease with the reserve. It's all bedrock so you can't farm it,,if you dig it up the environmental costs would be
huge,,,so a track is probably what it would stay as. Can't see the need for much in that area that would warrant someone buying it for the property. There is not a shortage of available land it in that area.
]

The impact that Chris and Ken are about to have on our sport is huge. Developing a base line that is administrative at the regional level across the country is awesome.
I know Ken is a big supporter of the SCCA car series "runoffs". IF we could get St.Eustache in line as well as Shuby then the Western provinces. Not long before we could have a big weekend run-off at a neutral track. Or better yet a runoff over two weekends,one at Shannonville and one at SOAR.
We get the top riders from all over the country to participate. It would be awesome! Just like the WERA GNF. This is ground breaking!
Good job. This is like Christmas!

*sigh*

I guess I need to freshen the motor in the 600, if it's got to be competitive.

Back
Top Bottom