Helmet openings | GTAMotorcycle.com

Helmet openings

Low rider

Site Supporter
Over the past few years, helmet manufacturers have been making the opening smaller and smaller.
Forcing you to have to turn you head way further to get a good lane check.
Who is making helmets with wider and bigger openings.
I am getting to hate new helmets.

Check out different styles of helmet?
Touring helmets, modular types, etc.

Racing lids aren't always the best street lids.

Over the past few years, helmet manufacturers have been making the opening smaller and smaller.

Your googler's on the blink, and your search is broke down?
Why all the hate?
Oh. Arai's newest may give you a mm or three on either side. Mine did.

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforu...helmet-with-the-widest-vertical-viewing-angle

I've found the opposite to be true. Why wouldn't you need a good field of vision in a race helmet?

Nexx.

I've found the opposite to be true, unless you are buying cheaper and cheaper helmets. Shoei, Arai and AGV all have larger openings than in previous years.

Shark make one of the widest field of vision helmets. Check out the Vision R helmets (I think that's what they are called). They have neat graphics and the good thing about Shark is that they are a top tier manufacturer (V. popular in Europe) of high quality products with really good prices for helmets if you scope out deals (Sportbiketrackgear.com).

Would this one work for you?

gordy21.jpg

Or, how about this one?

4d5ee029e7249a26bb5affa1f6aafabb.jpg

I'm pretty sure all full-face helmets have the vision window big enough to not block peripheral vision at all.

Some helmets are getting bigger windows top to bottom to look at controls easier. This is a matter of preference, but smaller windows make more better face protection.

Those old racing helmets were in the days of catch-fencing at races where the poles could kill you. Johncock had that tiny window because he was worried about parts hitting his head at 200mph.

Those old racing helmets were in the days of catch-fencing at races where the poles could kill you. Johncock had that tiny window because he was worried about parts hitting his head at 200mph.

Yep, Gordon Johncock. Well done, Ray. I don't think anyone else had a lid like his. The twin window Bell, seen on John Watson, was much more popular.

Back on topic...

lol... I wish I was old enough to know who those guys are. :)

My HJC has a much larger face hole than my AGV does.

Back
Top Bottom