Best Toronto Motorcycle Show to Buy Gear At? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Best Toronto Motorcycle Show to Buy Gear At?

paul7799

I am a new rider and was about to get some clearance stock for my first gear before I take the M1 exit course in April. It was recommended to me that I check out the motorcycle show in Toronto at the beginning of January for some sweet deals. After Googling the motorcycle shows in toronto in January, I noticed there's the supershow at the beginning of January, and then there's also the Toronto Motorcycle show at the end of February.

Just curious if anyone here has bought gear at either show and would recommend one or the other? Realistically, I could probably attend both if I had to, but making a single trip would obviously be preferable.

Supershow is probably best for what you are after. Lots of good deals on old stock, but maybe avoid the "flea market" vendors that take up a good number of the booths

+1 for the Supershow, just make sure you research what you're after. Make sure you're actually getting a deal.

Supershow is probably best for what you are after. Lots of good deals on old stock, but maybe avoid the "flea market" vendors that take up a good number of the booths

Why's that? They typically aren't "deals" but rather just a bunch of products they're trying to sell to you?

And ya Joey, I do the same thing when going to retail stores. I went to Royal Distributing in Guelph and was shocked that their prices are pretty much the same you'd pay for on American e-tailers! So not only do you not have to worry about shipping, the prices are fantastic and you get the ability to try stuff on in-store. But one of the employees there mentioned he got a $600 helmet (I think it was a Shoei RF-1100) for $300 at the Toronto show in January (which I know believe is the Supershow you guys have recommended).

Thanks! Any other tips on things to look out for/avoid. I already have a list of potential gear I want with little notes beside them indicating specific features I like and if they're in the right price range (hence, if I see something with everything I'm looking for or the exact gear I'm looking for, but at a cheaper price than my notes), then I'll probably snag something.

I went to Royal Distributing in Guelph and was shocked that their prices are pretty much But one of the employees there mentioned he got a $600 helmet (I think it was a Shoei RF-1100) for $300 at the Toronto show in January
QUOTE]

Not to derail the thread but anybody else read that and wonder why many consider people in retail to be a bit short changed on brain? Thanks for coming into my store, I get better prices myself at the flea market.............. oy vey.

Not to derail the thread but anybody else read that and wonder why many consider people in retail to be a bit short changed on brain? Thanks for coming into my store, I get better prices myself at the flea market.............. oy vey.

lol, to be fair, he seemed really open and honest, which I liked. Normally I avoid retail altogether because usually I can find cheaper prices online and don't have to deal with people who know significantly less than me. However, I'm a new rider and therefore am certainly less experienced than pretty much any sales associate, but I've done quite a bit of research and know for the most part what I'm looking for. He never tried to push any stock on me, just tried to best understand my needs and made some recommendations based on them, when I countered with other things I was looking for, he made intelligent comparisons to see things I'd gain/lose for more or less money respectively. And since the prices were pretty much on-par or exceeded what I could find online, I was pretty pleased.

Anyways, that is a bit off-topic but still a little relevant since it's the background on what motivated me to start this thread.

The airport shows are excellent for fringes, fudge, beer nuts, and cured meats. Also, loud pipes save lives T-shirts.

The airport shows are excellent for fringes, fudge, beer nuts, and cured meats. Also, loud pipes save lives T-shirts.
And gatherings of soa and various other vests and gear to show who represntin. It was amusing last year anyways

This was a big seller at the International Center recently...

l.jpg

So I take it Supershow is probably best, but suzuki2000 mentioned that it's old stock - meaning it would be 2014's stock since the show will be in 2015? Or just clearance stock basically that nobody really wants lol?

Usually older than that, if you're looking for helmets check the date of manufacture. I've seen new 5 year old helmets for sale. And of course the DOT helmets that are not really DOT. A good place to start would be the GP Bikes booth at the show, they usually have good stuff.

not the take over this thread but...

Is it a good idea to buy used bikes at the supershow?

Last edited:
not the take over this thread but...

Is it a good idea to buy used bikes at the supershow?

depends on how mc risk you would like to accept? Lower pricing possibly to unforeseen issues down the road? You are fairly limited to visual/cosmetic inspection only.

No, but safety standards have been updated, and newer material/manufacturing technologies have been developed over the years to improve various aspects of helmets.

In the last few years? Doubt it. I don't think DOT has changed in a decade.

depends on how mc risk you would like to accept? Lower pricing possibly to unforeseen issues down the road? You are fairly limited to visual/cosmetic inspection only.

You can work out a deal with proviso from the seller to hear it running before the $ are paid. The risk is about the same as any used bike, but those bikes tend to be in pretty good shape and clean at least.

Also, be sure to consider the price of admission, especially if you bring a guest. Two of you walking in (and perhaps a bite to eat) can make that $50 off pretty moot.

Back
Top Bottom