Deciding on next bike: 2003 R6 v 1997-2000 gsxr v 2001 f4i v 2002 zx6r | GTAMotorcycle.com

Deciding on next bike: 2003 R6 v 1997-2000 gsxr v 2001 f4i v 2002 zx6r

RuffRyder

I have my sv650s which I rode for this year up for sale now, and I will be looking to buy a 600 this winter for next season. What would you guys reccomend and why?

2003 R6 v 1997-2000 gsxr v 2001 f4i v 2002 zx6r

Certainly pros and con's of each, but I prefer the looks of the r6 the best, I also like the sound. When people sag it has no low end, what do they mean exactly? Its still easy to ride right?. The gsxr is the widest, which I like because it gives that big bike feel, apparently its got a good powerband too. The zx6r a buddy has and its pretty awesome as well. The f4i is last on my list but probably the easiest on insurance.

Give me your guys opinions!

Looks wise yes r6 or gsxr. They're all easy to ride to be honest (been on 3 of the 4) I would say r6 or gsxr due to there's a zillion of them and spares/parts are easy to find also. I guess it comes down to what you think you'll be happiest on. The power band thing is negligible on the street anyways. They're all capable of getting you tickets :D

Weird choice of bikes..

I'd go with a 2004-2005 gsxr600/750

GSXR7508.jpg

^^^best looking gixxer ever imo. Especially the anniversary bike on white wheels

05559fee1b63625fe0c8a943de5a0001.jpg

Last edited:
I used to think the 05 looked better with the colors, but I think I prefer the 04. I like the darker blue

Man if I had the cash I'd get a newer gsxr no contest. The bikes I am considering all kinda fit the price range I'm looking for.

Really leaning on an r6 to be honest. Gotta sit on one first though, can anyone confirm or deny that they are as thin as people say? Would it be feel thinner then my sv650s?

I've been on both the r6 and the Gsxr. Either bike is pretty much the same, gixxer felt a bit more top heavy and the r6 was the better looking of the two in my opinion

Man if I had the cash I'd get a newer gsxr no contest. The bikes I am considering all kinda fit the price range I'm looking for.

Really leaning on an r6 to be honest. Gotta sit on one first though, can anyone confirm or deny that they are as thin as people say? Would it be feel thinner then my sv650s?

You can find 04/05 in the 3-4k range

When they say no low end they mean no power in the low to mid rpm range. Most 600s are similar, f4i might be a bit better than the r6 but not huge. It's fine for the street but not thrilling unless you rev it beyond 10k. You can go wide open under that and its not that fast but perfectly adequate imo, you won't be struggling to keep up with traffic or anything lol I own an f4i and am very happy with it my only dislikes are ones you'd have with any bike of that age. I'll be keeping it as a street bike to take my girlfriend as a pillion even when I get something new.

Last edited:
When they say no low end they mean no power in the low to mid rpm range. Most 600s are similar, f4i might be a bit better than the r6 but not huge. It's fine for the street but not thrilling unless you rev it beyond 10k. You can go wide open under that and its not that fast but perfectly adequate imo, you won't be struggling to keep up with traffic or anything lol I own an f4i and am very happy with it my only dislikes are ones you'd have with any bike of that age. I'll be keeping it as a street bike to take my girlfriend as a pillion even when I get something new.

no power? we can fix that...

[video=youtube;M8NWgAYmFCw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8NWgAYmFCw[/video]

I think you'd be happy with any of them coming from an sv, I'd personally choose whichever you can find the nicest example of because finding a minter will be the toughest challenge

^^^best looking gixxer ever imo. Especially the anniversary bike on white wheels

pfft... best looking gixxer ever, if you live in a world where the K3/K4 1000 never existed

GSXR1000K4Black2.jpg

I think you'd be happy with any of them coming from an sv, I'd personally choose whichever you can find the nicest example of because finding a minter will be the toughest challenge

Yeah that's probably true. What year is your f4i and how do you like it?

Yeah that's probably true. What year is your f4i and how do you like it?
01. Love it actually it exceeded my expectations for sure. It's likely a better street bike than the others due to the higher clipons but maybe not as good of a track platform so depends what your goals are really.

weird list tho

find a 2003 zx6-r (636) at least... it blows the other crap away

weird list tho

find a 2003 zx6-r (636) at least... it blows the other crap away

I second this... 03-04 636 would get my vote, otherwise off your list get the yami hands down (I own an f4i)

Back
Top Bottom