MotoGP 2015 | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

MotoGP 2015

Brilliant! I hope this is just a taste of things to come. Crazy MotoGP.

I must say I was really dissapointed to see suzuki not able to finish that last race despite not qualifying dead last...some sorta signs to come? 5 months is NOT a lotta time for testing.

Valencia Test Day 1 video files are on their way up. For download links check the first post in this thread. Tons of bonus videos and coverage too.

Enjoy.

I must say I was really dissapointed to see suzuki not able to finish that last race despite not qualifying dead last...some sorta signs to come? 5 months is NOT a lotta time for testing.

Suzuki will be fine. I dont think anyone really expects them to be competitive next season anyways. It will be an entire season of "testing" just like it will be for Aprillia and hopefully KTM in 2016

A few pictures from yesturday:

Alvaro Bautista on his first ride in the new Factory Aprilia
1093990_890444904319122_1379674615828014997_o.jpg

Dovi on the brakes!
10339220_890444907652455_6079786693081205035_o.jpg

Scott Redding on the new MarcVDS Factory HRC
10380690_890444914319121_1289481031461343326_o.jpg

Maverick Viñales first ride in the Suzuki
1398368_890444910985788_5240858975661550696_o.jpg

Jack Miller's first ride on the customer Honda MotoGP bike.
10712637_890444917652454_421591342660737236_o.jpg

I wonder if Aprilia is using their ART bike that has been used the past few years, or if they had built something from (quasi) scratch. I recall reading that the 2016 bike will be all new, but the 2015 will be an evolution of the current ART bike.

I wonder if Aprilia is using their ART bike that has been used the past few years, or if they had built something from (quasi) scratch. I recall reading that the 2016 bike will be all new, but the 2015 will be an evolution of the current ART bike.

From what I understand they're using the ART bike chassis with new motor (complete with pneumatic valves) and other assorted upgrades.
That's just what I gather from what I've read.

In Melandri or Bautista's interview, I forget which, they mentioned that they would have more power when they received the pneumatic engine.

I read somewhere that they were shocked, since the engine has performed well on the Dyno in race simulations even... apparently this is a sign of oil starvation, as it is clearly caused by the bike not being stationary.

Test day 2 is up (see first post). TONS of rain meant big gaps of no track action so I've chopped up the day into separate files so you can avoid downloading those parts if you wish. Some bonus coverage from yesturday too (Best Slow Mo day 1, follow Alex Marquez around a lap).

Enjoy.

any footage of the M brothers and Vale doing the test ride?
It was on Day 1. MotoGP.com never posted any specific video clips of the trio riding together. I didn't watch all of the testing on Day 1 to know if their ride together was during the televised portion of testing, and therefore can't tell you if it's even in the day 1 video file or what time it is in there. Hopefully someone else who's downloaded or watched Day 1 can comment if it's in there.

This video is of Marc following Alex: Following Alex Marquez on his first MotoGP outing (PLEASE right click, save as. Server is under heavy load atm.)

It doesn't look like they de-tuned the Honda at all for when Alex rode it, on the straight with both Marc and Alex at WOT they have identical speed :) NICE!

Last edited:
Jerez to host three day test for smaller classes (MotoGP.com link)
slideshow_169.jpg

From Wednesday to Friday of this week a number of Moto2™ and Moto3™ teams will step up their preparations for 2015 with a test in Jerez.

In the Moto2™ class World Champion Tito Rabat will be looking to stay ahead of his rivals in terms of competitiveness, though of course he will have another strong teammate next season as Moto3™ World Champion Alex Marquez joins him in the renamed Team Estrella Galicia Marc VDS squad.

Both riders will be present in Jerez and much focus will be on Marquez as he gets to grips with his new 600cc ride.

Luis Salom (Paginas Amarillas HP 40) will commence the preparations for his second season in the intermediate class with rookie Alex Rins joining him in the team to replace MotoGP-bound Maverick Viñales.

Ajo Motorsport will participate in next season’s Moto2 World Championship with Frenchman Johann Zarco, whilst Team JiR welcome their new rider Randy Krummenacher into their ranks – both will be present in Jerez. Likewise, Mika Kallio will be on track working with his new employers Italtrans Racing Team.

Meanwhile, the likes of Jonas Folger, Axel Pons, Dominique Aegerter, Robin Milhauser, Thomas Luthi, Sandro Cortese and Takaaki Nakagami will all be on track with their respective teams, amongst a field of 22 intermediate class riders in total.

In Moto3™ the new three rider line-up of the Red Bull KTM Ajo team - Karel Hanika, Brad Binder and Miguel Oliveira – will be familiarising themselves with each other.

SKY Racing Team VR46’s Romano Fenati will test alongside new teammate Andrea Migno, whilst the exciting trio of Juanfran Guevara, Jorge Martin and Francesco Bagnaia in the revamped Mapfre Aspar Team Moto3 will try the Mahindra machine they are to use in 2015.

brothers times 2 ride around 45 min from the end of Day 1 part 2. Would be interesting to have 2 sets of brothers competing in the same series.

I am enjoying the testing coverage. It's been a good thing to watch/listen to while at work.

brothers times 2 ride around 45 min from the end of Day 1 part 2. Would be interesting to have 2 sets of brothers competing in the same series.
Thanks for checking for us. I watched the footage, didn't see Rossi at all, but the two brothers riding around then the media storm of photographers when they both came into the pits, pretty awesome moment :)

I am enjoying the testing coverage. It's been a good thing to watch/listen to while at work.
hahaha, I've been doing the same! When I'm at work I connect in remotely with TeamViewer to my home computer to control the capture and teamviewer streams the audio so it comes out on my speakers at work. Boss shook his head a few times when he walked by.

What about the rule when you come up on a rider to lap them or a lapped rider, none of the competition behind you can overtake eachother, or you, until you've passed the lapped rider?!? Wow.
None of the LAPPED riders may change position. So if Abraham, Petrucci and Barbera are all duking it out for last place, once the blue flag is waived, they are unable to pass eachother until Marquez has passed them. The riders in the lead pack are still able to pass.

it's at 40min into part 2....It was funny...Rossi jumped between the M bros and did a couple of laps for the cameras and then peeled back into the pits. It's almost like Rossi was given orders to get into the shots for marketing purposes...or I'm just a skeptic....not.

Makes sense that the back markers can't get into dicing it up when being passed...keeps it clean for the leaders to get thru.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom