SHORAI for 2014 Ninja ZX6R | GTAMotorcycle.com

SHORAI for 2014 Ninja ZX6R

Do the SHORAI batteries still have the cheesy terminals or has that been fixed?

they are normal oem style teminals, i use a 7ah in my built R1, no issues. maybe when its real cold out it takes a few hits but........ the # are 14ah ans 18ah

they are normal oem style teminals, i use a 7ah in my built R1, no issues. maybe when its real cold out it takes a few hits but........ the # are 14ah ans 18ah

I should have been more clear. When they first came on the market (3,4 yrs? time flies) some of the reviews specifically noted a cheesy terminal design. So gave it a pass and went with the very heavy Odessy PC680. Will be revisiting the light battery issue for next season.

Am I the only one who saw this thread and thought "huh, Shoei and Arai merged"?

17.gif

Don't forget you may need a specific charger. From their FAQ page on using a regular tender.

A. Yes. HOWEVER, you may NOT use a charger/tender if it has an automatic "desulfation mode", which cannot be turned off.

If you are storing your vehicle and want to check the remaining capacity, or you're a racer with a constant-loss system, you'll want to know how resting voltage (i.e. with no load or load under 200mA) maps to remaining capacity. LFX batteries should be maintained such that 20% capacity remains at minimum, as best practice. Use a good-quality voltmeter to check remaining capacity, and consider recharge whenever the battery capacity falls to about 50% remaining. Of course, if you get the Shorai dedicated BMS01 charger, you can just hit the "Store Mode" button and leave it to do the work for you.

http://www.canadasmotorcycle.ca/sho...o-bms01.html?gclid=CLDJlrLi_MECFeSPMgodLWcAYw

you do NOT need a special charger, you want to use a normal trickle charger. you DO NOT want to use a high amp charger that is used on such brands as ballistic ect. Reg plain chargers is best. I have been running mine on a bike with total loss for 2 years. just plug in a 2amp trickle when i come to pits. 10min later good to go.

I used a plain old charger on my ballistic four cell a few times, thing is still working after three race seasons and three cold winters in the garage

Back
Top Bottom