Electric Turbos | GTAMotorcycle.com

Electric Turbos

Pretty damned good result.

Will read when I get time...

Ummmm awesome yes but raises questions as well. It will be interesting to see what this brings about. If they want to create efficient then 4 cyl isn't the way to go imo.

Nice numbers. I'd like to see epa testing done differently especially with so many turbo's in the market now. They seem to consistently be much lower than rated compared to naturally aspirated engined cars (mine included). Plus with the more complexities comes the repair bills of more things to go wrong.

Nice numbers. I'd like to see epa testing done differently especially with so many turbo's in the market now. They seem to consistently be much lower than rated compared to naturally aspirated engined cars (mine included). Plus with the more complexities comes the repair bills of more things to go wrong.

iirc the fastest acceleration in the mileage testing is something like 0 to 60 in more than 10 seconds. Turbo cars test well because they don't generate much boost in this scenario. In real life, you get a huge discrepancy from the rating. the whole rating system is in need of an overhaul (at the very least it needs to try to represent real driving scenarios).

Just give me a v8 thx.
I own a supercharged i4 (paxton novi), and the fuel mileage is hardly any different than the same car without one, sure there are some drag losses but I don't think that's why manufacturers are not using them.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom