The Nanny State Strikes Again | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Nanny State Strikes Again

They're creating a diversion for the wholesale gutting of the tin foil mining industry is what I think is happening.

Have not seen the deals Harper has made in secret with china, canada is on the hook for billions
Why would harper do such a thing?

Unfortunately another law that not a lot of people care about it.

When I used to work at condo building in Mississauga, we had smokers who would light up right beside the 'No Smoking within 9m Signs'.

We investigated with City By-Law Officers and apparently those signs were illegal and unenforceable. Smokers were simply not allowed to smoke inside the building, but as long as they were outside the building it didn't matter whether they were 1 atomic unit or 8m away... they could still smoke.

We had first floor residents complain their kids had breathing problems because of all the second hand smoke.

Why would harper do such a thing?
Why would he sell out Canada? I have no idea.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/fipa-agreement-with-china-what-s-really-in-it-for-canada-1.2770159

note the part where if any level of government in Canada passes a law that threatens chinese companies profits.

• Chinese companies will be able to seek redress against any laws passed by any level of government in Canada which threaten their profits. Australia has decided not to enter FIPA agreements specifically because they allow powerful corporations to challenge legislation on social, environmental and economic issues. Chinese companies investing heavily in Canadian energy will be able seek billions in compensation if their projects are hampered by provincial laws on issues such as environmental concerns or First Nations rights, for example.
This was all done in secret. The man has sold out Canada.

Just as long as I can sit in my own home or yard and enjoy a cigar and single malt. Take that away and I'm gonna...............

adapt!!!

Why would he sell out Canada? I have no idea.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/fipa-agreement-with-china-what-s-really-in-it-for-canada-1.2770159

note the part where if any level of government in Canada passes a law that threatens chinese companies profits.

[/FONT][/COLOR]
[/LIST]
This was all done in secret. The man has sold out Canada.
I don't get much from that article other than how secretive it is. Harper is probably trying to sell Canadian oil which is dirtier than middle east oil. China is a growing economy & they will have a high demand for energy.

I don't think Harper is a stupid man & that article doesn't highlight both side of the story

I don't get much from that article other than how secretive it is. Harper is probably trying to sell Canadian oil which is dirtier than middle east oil. China is a growing economy & they will have a high demand for energy.

I don't think Harper is a stupid man & that article doesn't highlight both side of the story

The parts were china is guaranteed profits and we are stuck with this deal concern me.

Harper is thinking about what to do after office. They usually start making deals now so they are comfortable after.

The parts were china is guaranteed profits and we are stuck with this deal concern me.

Wouldn't it be nice if he gave Canadian citizens the same rights. Think of what my Nortel shares would be worth.

How can Harper sell off rights that are part of our constitution without an agreement with all the provinces?

How can Harper sell off rights that are part of our constitution without an agreement with all the provinces?

Your are assuming he gives a rats arse about the democratic process, or the scientific process, or the environment....or the rolling stones for that matter..... http://youtu.be/58nyP7qq5Hw

I'm sure Harper would love to run our country like China and do away with all those pesky elections.... After all who knows better what's good for us than him...

Last edited:
I'm 100% with crankcall on this. You really have to see what it does to someone you love, and especially when it was caused by second-hand smoke... Your perspective changes really quickly.

In terms of smokers rights in broader social context, I tend to equate smoking with drinking and driving... it's not so much about what harm you may be doing to yourself, it is about harm you may bring to someone innocent who never wanted any part of it...

I'm 100% with crankcall on this. You really have to see what it does to someone you love, and especially when it was caused by second-hand smoke... Your perspective changes really quickly.

In terms of smokers rights in broader social context, I tend to equate smoking with drinking and driving... it's not so much about what harm you may be doing to yourself, it is about harm you may bring to someone innocent who never wanted any part of it...

Meanwhile a lot of these patios are right beside a roadway -- where vehicles of all types are blowing carcinogens into your face. Where is the uproar over traffic smog?

My Mom is battling lung cancer as we speak, although that is not surprising considering she smoked for 50 years. Still doesn't make me want to tell everyone else what to do though.

Your are assuming he gives a rats arse about the democratic process, or the scientific process, or the environment....or the rolling stones for that matter..... http://youtu.be/58nyP7qq5Hw

I'm sure Harper would love to run our country like China and do away with all those pesky elections.... After all who knows better what's good for us than him...

I thought that was Trudeau? Or was he misquoted?

===============

The cigarette legislation is a stupidity law. i.e. Some people are too stupid to do the right thing, or evenknow what it is, so a law needs to be passed, and signs erected to tell them.

People used to smoke on the other side of the daycare fence at work.
They put a sign up, and some apparently had trouble reading it.
Walking the short distance to the area where smoking was allowed was too much effort for them.

I Quit smoking years ago, when I did smoke (and every day after) I've always found the entrance to Walmart disgusting. People who couldn't even get to their car before lighting up. I guess part of that is to escape the trap of lighting up in the car in front of their kids. Non the less, still the most revolting wet cigarette grossness. Amazingly there's none of that in front of Target, sadly we're a single income family (who will be only too happy to receive the tax breaks Mr. Harper's Conservative government has issued) and can't really afford Target unless we want to go through the price matching deal.

As far as profit guarantees for China go, I wish someone would offer that here. Ms. Wynne seems to be having a go at it with with her union buddies, but has forgotten the rest of us. It seems to me that companies like Apple who have worked to ensure some standard within their Chinese manufacturing facilities have more pull ensuring that the people are paid and treated fairly.

This slow death by a thousand cuts ******** has always annoyed me. Either establish limits and then leave them alone, or just ban cigarettes completely. I frankly don't understand why a province that had no problem banning pit bulls or keeps bringing up a hand gun ban would even bat an eye at it. Oh wait, yes I do - it would eliminate $1 billion in tax revenue.

Back
Top Bottom