Frog Togs rain wear | GTAMotorcycle.com

Frog Togs rain wear

ALD

I have a Frog Togg rain suit and I am getting wet with it

The pants were bought just over a year ago and the jacket is a few years old

I am thinking of waterproofing this suit, any suggestion on something good that can be used.

Its funny because I have the same problem. Decided to put that over my mesh jacket in summer, doesn't work.

I've worn touring jackets before & they are more waterproof. Just hot in summer

Of course you are getting wet- They are Frogg Toggs. The only riders who stay dry in them are riding full dressed touring bikes. The lack of a double flap at the zipper is culprit. My Fieldsheer is till watertight...I bought it when I was 18 and needed something wind and waterpro0f to wear over my snow suit because I rode all year round for 3 yrs.....It then hid under my seat for the past 23 yrs of riding and only came out when it rained-very well spent $110. 15 hrs straight in the rain in 2008 en route to Indy MotoGP, through Hurricane Ike, and I was dry.
Buy a better rain suit.

Last edited:
Depends what frogg toggs you got....
I got the cheap pants and it looked like I ****** myself everytime I rode in the rain, went to the next ones up and did a 2 hour ride in pouring rain on a SS and was dry when I got home.

I have a set of the Frogg Togg Road Toads and they are great. I ride an SV650S and I never get wet with them on.

I had a set of Frogg Toggs (the one meant for the road). They were decent but pooling water of course sinks in and they were quite a loose fit so there were more pools then I would have liked. And they made me look like a marshmellow.

It felt like a paper material which was really weird but actually repels water quite well.

However that being said I just check the forecast and wear a 2 piece drystar suit which is incredible (also great for cold weather riding). That won't work if you're touring though and want to throw someone over top regular riding gear

I think Froggs are basically made from Tyvek, which is a breathable fabric. I rode through torrential rain last May to TN and I was dry in my Crusin Toggs. I have a windshield and a beaded seat cover, that's it. My helmet liner was soaked though.

My FrogTog zipper broke about 7 years ago during first year of use. Not happy then. Not happy today.

took the set from work when i retired,you may want to look at rain work wear good stuff.
Downside is the size as they don't pack very small most often.

I picked up the Nelson Rigg SR-6000 rainsuit at GP for $69 last Spring for the ride to NC. Wore it a few times (roughly 1,000km's) including lot's of highway miles at speed and in heavy downpours. Held up great and didn't let in a drop. Comfortable too over riding jeans and leather coat. I was on the GSXR btw. Highly recommended and packs up fairly small.

The only issue I have with waterproof polyester apparel like Nelson Rigg is that it doesn't breathe. You end up soaked in your own body moisture. From what I researched, if you're not sitting in a puddle of water on your seat or have a large catch can of loose fabric the Tyvec/Typar fabric styles should work. YMMV but yeah, they don't fold up small.

Re: Frog Toggs rain wear

Only part of my Frogg Toggs that leak are the crotch and only if I've been riding for at least an hour in medium to heavy rain. But that's okay...I don't mind looking like I've just p*ssed my jeans.:)

Oddly enough a much better choice (in cooler weather only) is a set of good quality WetSkins I bought at Canadian Tired that remained dry and comfortable for days in a constant heavy deluge in the Alps last year.

Last edited:
Re: Frog Toggs rain wear

Only part of my Frogg Toggs that leak are the crotch and only if I've been riding for at least an hour in medium to heavy rain.

Mine do the same thing. They're the cheaper ones that feel like paper. I bought them figuring I wouldn't be riding in rain very often and didn't want to spend a ton. Turns out I'm in the rain way more than I thought.

...think I'll check out those WetSkins.

Back
Top Bottom