Running on 3 cylinders? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Running on 3 cylinders?

xwilliams23

So I have these short clips of me riding my bike after I got it running and such. But it sounds like it's not running on all 4. Can someone with a good ear maybe tell me if it's running on only 3 cylinders. I know they are really short but it's all I have right now

http://youtu.be/BPnQhvWmuDQ

Wouldn't put money on it, but if I had to guess from your video I would say it's running on all four cylinders. When a bike runs at all on just 3, it's usually pretty violent & considerably more difficult to get the bike moving.

Is there something going on that led you to question this in the first place? Also, what area are you in?

Wouldn't put money on it, but if I had to guess from your video I would say it's running on all four cylinders. When a bike runs at all on just 3, it's usually pretty violent & considerably more difficult to get the bike moving.

Is there something going on that led you to question this in the first place? Also, what area are you in?
Well nothing really led me to believe this I just felt like it wasn't sounding right. But I do know my carbs need services.
Also I am in the Milton/Halton area

I didn't watch the video but I had a street R6 with one fried coil and it idled smooth and ran surprisingly well on three cylinders. But it was slow as balls and sounded like a twin

I didn't watch the video but I had a street R6 with one fried coil and it idled smooth and ran surprisingly well on three cylinders. But it was slow as balls and sounded like a twin
See my problem here is. Idk what "slow as balls" is considered. Because this is my first bike. Yea it's a 600. Yea it's an 88 and no it doesn't scare me at all.
Soo either it's "slow as balls" cause it's on 3 cylinders or I'm just not scared lol... I have no idea

See my problem here is. Idk what "slow as balls" is considered. Because this is my first bike. Yea it's a 600. Yea it's an 88 and no it doesn't scare me at all.
Soo either it's "slow as balls" cause it's on 3 cylinders or I'm just not scared lol... I have no idea

Just do what I said.

Wet your finger on your tongue. Touch each header pipe quickly. Seriously. You'll know if one is not firing.

I would start by checking the spark on all 4 cylinders. Canadian Tire sells a cheap spark plug maintenance kit that comes with a spark tester.

Then you'll need a carb synchronizer. You can go to eBay for one or make your own - I went the eBay route.

May be simpler to bring your bike to the shop if you don't enjoy wrenching/tinkering.

I would start by checking the spark on all 4 cylinders. Canadian Tire sells a cheap spark plug maintenance kit that comes with a spark tester.

Then you'll need a carb synchronizer. You can go to eBay for one or make your own - I went the eBay route.

May be simpler to bring your bike to the shop if you don't enjoy wrenching/tinkering.
Hate spending money.
Love wrenching and tinkering.
Hate messing up.
Love fixing problems.
UGH! I guess I'll have to think about this. Thanks!

Hate spending money.
Love wrenching and tinkering.
Hate messing up.
Love fixing problems.
UGH! I guess I'll have to think about this. Thanks!

Dude. Just touch/spit on/spray water onto the header pipes. It's FREE

Back
Top Bottom