Dainese bought for $162 million | GTAMotorcycle.com

Dainese bought for $162 million

What are they thinking? That's two years Oprah salary.

Do think anything will change within the company like quality of product?

No, they're already too well established. Its like how these exotic car/bike brands are always being bought by someone else or invested in. All this means is another player is dumping their money into the company and could really help Dainese out with R&D, sponsorship contracts etc...those are probably costing them a lot of money.

Hell, Dainese is working NASA to develop a ****ing spacesuit for missions to Mars...That's HUGE $$$

This video is from 2 years ago...

[video=youtube_share;jbul6-yH2X8]http://youtu.be/jbul6-yH2X8[/video]

Last edited:
honestly thought the company was worth a lot more.

Even though they offer ski/snowboard and mountain biking apparel, they are still pretty niche. $162MM for an 80% stake, gives Dainese a $200MM capitalization on $112MM annual revenue. Contrast this to bigger apparel companies:

Levi Strauss worth $5.5B on $4.7B annual revenue
Columbia Sportswear worth $2.8B on $1.3B annual revenue

Without knowing the profit margins, the valuation seems in line for a clothing company.

They already outsourced away from quality manufacturing areas and are focused on the money - it can't get worse than it is, lol.

A sucker is born everyday, some of them buy brand new 'D' gear.

They already outsourced away from quality manufacturing areas and are focused on the money - it can't get worse than it is, lol.

A sucker is born everyday, some of them buy brand new 'D' gear.

Eh, it's always seemed hit or miss for me. One pair of gloves fell apart in less than 2 years, another pair still going strong after 4. Jacket/pants still holding up, though the zippers were done for pretty quickly.

Looks like Mr. Dainese just wants to retire--42 years in the business would make him an old man now. No kids or disinterested kids? He can't run the company forever. Investcorp sounds like a front for the mafia though.

Looks like Mr. Dainese just wants to retire--42 years in the business would make him an old man now. No kids or disinterested kids? He can't run the company forever. Investcorp sounds like a front for the mafia though.

Investcorp is a capital investment firm, they buy companies, remanage, and typically sell within 5 years if they can. The decision to sell likely has more to do with global market pressures to outsource out of Italy, coupled with a drying up supersports market and and average ridership age in NA of over 45.

honestly thought the company was worth a lot more.

Same here. I would had thought it was worth pure gold. It is a global brand name, selling their products in all continents... old pioneer, established company, excellent reputation, partnerships everywhere, and the product lines are not limited to only motorcycle racing.

And now you tell me that any Lotto Max winner could had acquired the company?! :p ;)

They already outsourced away from quality manufacturing areas and are focused on the money - it can't get worse than it is, lol.A sucker is born everyday, some of them buy brand new 'D' gear.
I'm more than pleased with my new Dainese suit. The price was only $300 more than I paid for my JR suit and is on point with an A* suit. What suit should I buy next if my new one is going to self destruct?

I hope they continue to develop their products and keep offering us the same quality as before.

Investcorp is a capital investment firm, they buy companies, remanage, and typically sell within 5 years if they can. The decision to sell likely has more to do with global market pressures to outsource out of Italy, coupled with a drying up supersports market and and average ridership age in NA of over 45.

Why should they care about the SuperSport market going down? They don't give a damn about that, because they don't sell SS motorcycles!!

They sell gear, and right now, in their lineup there is probably more textiles and GoreTex than leather items. Average rider age of 45 has nothing to do, if anything it is perfect for them, older people with more money to spend on the gear!

I'm more than pleased with my new Dainese suit. The price was only $300 more than I paid for my JR suit and is on point with an A* suit. What suit should I buy next if my new one is going to self destruct?

I hope they continue to develop their products and keep offering us the same quality as before.

I second this. For the price I paid I was very happy. On par with a* and I'm not saying there's anything wrong with a*, my leather and textile jackets are both from them and are great but the one piece dainese fit better. The quality is second to none and I checked out several different suits before buying mine. So let's hear the story about how they only care about money. I'll go get the popcorn.

Last edited:
I second this. For the price I paid I was very happy. On par with a* and I'm not saying there's anything wrong with a*, my leather and textile jackets are both from them and are great but the one piece dainese fit better. The quality is second to none and I checked out several different suits before buying mine. So let's hear the story about how they only care about money. I'll go get the popcorn.

+, this was the first company to make back protectors.
+, they've invested millions in air bag suits, which have already saved Mark Marquez's life. They will look great in size XXXXL, with fringes.

I have a D jacket actually, but got it used for a song. For the price of their new gear there are several companies who will make you a custom fitted better quality suit.

ACT comes to mind, or Z-leathers.

Hey sparky, how many Harley riders do you see dressed up as power rangers? The future is fringes.

Whatever you say, Ray. I wouldn't want to upset you.

Meantime, in Mugello, Vale is testing his new suit for motoGP... the future of Dainese is GoreTex...

visore-20d-explorer.jpg

Look at that smirk. Oh Vale, you're just teasing us now!

Investcorp will probably strip/license the useful patents, demand tax incentives from the Italian government, quietly profit as Goldman Sachs & Co. hype the share value, then dump the empty shell onto some Chinese billionaire who moves production to Pakistan. Hipsters don branded clothing in about five years as an ironic nod to crony capitalism. Next!

Look at that smirk. Oh Vale, you're just teasing us now!

Investcorp will probably strip/license the useful patents, demand tax incentives from the Italian government, quietly profit as Goldman Sachs & Co. hype the share value, then dump the empty shell onto some Chinese billionaire who moves production to Pakistan. Hipsters don branded clothing in about five years as an ironic nod to crony capitalism. Next!

[h=2]Dainese -----> Drop D----> the Chainese or Chinese-e or Chainese-D[/h]lolololol

Booyah.gif

I have a D jacket actually, but got it used for a song. For the price of their new gear there are several companies who will make you a custom fitted better quality suit.

ACT comes to mind, or Z-leathers.

Never heard of them. If I'm going custom it would be from a well known manufacturer, Pilot being my first choice.

Back
Top Bottom