What Does It Cost? | GTAMotorcycle.com

What Does It Cost?

VT1100

Hey guys,

One more thing for me to add on here - a quick reference for some of the most common traffic infractions that we incur in a nice, easy to follow chart!

All costs in the chart do not include any insurance changes as that is different for everyone, but you can assume your insurance is going to skyrocket especially with the more serious ones. Speeding fines are based off of the highest speed within that group except 50km + which is based off of 50km/h.

Last edited:
Nice that failing to stop is the same as stunting explains the decision not to stop for a lot of people once in 172 range.

A grand and a year for a dui but 10 grand and 2 years for a wheelie. Go onterrible! This province is awesome :rolleyes:

It's a joke. Period. Something needs to be done but as long as everyone up top is having their pockets lined nothing will ever change. It's why guys like my neighbor are on their 3rd dui and still driving yet I know people who pay more insurance than him because they want to ride a ss on the road. Pathetic.

Nice that failing to stop is the same as stunting explains the decision not to stop for a lot of people once in 172 range.

Except that they are two separate infractions, which means two separate charges, and there's also a Criminal Code section that applies to flight from police. Dangerous operation of a vehicle could also be lumped in, as a separate applicable charge.

Except that they are two separate infractions, which means two separate charges, and there's also a Criminal Code section that applies to flight from police. Dangerous operation of a vehicle could also be lumped in, as a separate applicable charge.

If there is prison time does that infer that one comes out with a criminal record?

Exactly. You could - in theory - be charged with more than on of these. And the failing to stop charges are almost always tacked on to the original charge that you ran from

A grand and a year for a dui but 10 grand and 2 years for a wheelie. Go onterrible! This province is awesome :rolleyes:

Murder a cyclist and you get a walk. If you are an ex politician. I wonder if Michael Bryant realizes what a hypocrite he is? That POS was grand standing at photo ops with the cars of street racers being crushed by a bulldozer, and that prk kills a cyclist and because he hires a PR firm to trial the victim in the press gets off without the inconvenience of a trial. Now he is a spokesperson for the coalition for gun control. That's funny, a killer trying to ban guns.

Does towing & impound not apply to DUI as well?

I think impaired driving should include drowsiness as well, but the question is how do they test it? Same goes for drug impairment? If they smell Marijuana in the car, is it game over?

Failing a roadside screening device test, refusing to provide a sample, or blowing over 80mgs at the station all result in a 7 day impound. Yet, impaired by drug does not... loophole anyone?
So, what you're saying is, if a cop pulls me over and demands a breathalyzer test (which is assuming guilt before my chance to prove innocence) and I refuse, I still lose. roadside judge, jury and executioner.

So much for being "civil servants!"

Yeah you can't refuse a breathalyzer test here. You might as well blow it, just in case you're in the warn range. Worst case, you can try again and hope you're in the warn range.

For what it's worth, in the United States they have roadside blood tests. Judges are literally onsite writing up roadside warrants to get your blood. If you refuse, yes... you'll get strapped down and the blood will get withdrawn forcibly.

At least that doesn't happen here in Ontario.

Back
Top Bottom