Specs on new Ninja H2 street released | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Specs on new Ninja H2 street released

Alright... so the story's different now.

-Not surprising, but a confirmation: "Kawasaki says that the only difference between the H2 and H2R engines are the camshafts, head gasket, and clutch."

-"There have been a lot of claimed horsepower numbers bantered about, and the initial 200PS horsepower (metric measurement that equals about 197hp) claim that was made by Kawasaki back at the Intermot show was said to be “premature” and has never been quoted since by the factory. But not in a negative sense; we’ve been told by sources close to the project that the actual horsepower will be “a good step above 200hp”, and the reason for that number was to avoid unwanted scrutiny."

You know perfectly well I meant 5 psi above atmospheric pressure... I can't be upset because you've been on a roll lately and I've joined your fan club

Yes I acknowledged that....another 5psi. Fan club?! Hmm somebody else said something today.......NEWMAN!

Alright... so the story's different now.

-Not surprising, but a confirmation: "Kawasaki says that the only difference between the H2 and H2R engines are the camshafts, head gasket, and clutch."

-"There have been a lot of claimed horsepower numbers bantered about, and the initial 200PS horsepower (metric measurement that equals about 197hp) claim that was made by Kawasaki back at the Intermot show was said to be “premature” and has never been quoted since by the factory. But not in a negative sense; we’ve been told by sources close to the project that the actual horsepower will be “a good step above 200hp”, and the reason for that number was to avoid unwanted scrutiny."

Pretty much says it all. They're probably terrified of the prospect of draconian legislation coming down and ending the sport bike thing altogether.

I wonder how much it would take to make the H2R street legal?

Pretty much says it all. They're probably terrified of the prospect of draconian legislation coming down and ending the sport bike thing altogether.

I wonder how much it would take to make the H2R street legal?

If kawi wanted to make this really difficult, they could not provide vin #s for h2r. They may not even be able to vin it as it is missing all the street legal bits.

If kawi wanted to make this really difficult, they could not provide vin #s for h2r. They may not even be able to vin it as it is missing all the street legal bits.

Aren't most trail bikes supplied with VIN? I thought it was illegal to sell any motor vehicle without one?

My words almost exactly to my friend this morning who's kawi's biggest fan. Took a supercharger to get there and now it weighs considerably more. Well done. Not. S1000rr all day over that big barrel of hideousness

Why do you keep fighting it? LOL ... you know darn well that for every person not liking the look of H2 there's one who dislikes S1000RR.

Why do you keep fighting it? LOL ... you know darn well that for every person not liking the look of H2 there's one who dislikes S1000RR.

+1

Like it or not, the H2 is an attention grabber, and plenty will purchase due to that very reason.
Park a Duc/whatever beside an H2 and they will seem invisible to the ​average person.

I can't wait to see this and the new R1 in the flesh.

Last edited:
$25k is a handful to spend though when you got a s1000rr for a little less and if you go in to the preowned market you can even get a better deal.

[video=youtube;Yic7Q-4ksSE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yic7Q-4ksSE[/video]

You can get a used HP4 for less. But, it's not really fair to compare the used market, you always get better value in the used market.

The HP4 and this bike don't really compete that well. But then I don't want a HP4 anyway. *shrug*

$25k is a handful to spend though when you got a s1000rr for a little less and if you go in to the preowned market you can even get a better deal.

People buying a bike like this are not shopping around for the cheapest price or best deal.

They can be. Some helmets don't just meet DOT standards, but far exceed them. You can find some testing on Youtube where a guy takes an axe to various cheap helmets and is able to easily crush or split them, until he gets to a Shoei... and he can't do crap to the shell except chip paint off it...

Not the helmet debate.... there's a thread for how $100 lids are just as good as $1000 lids somewhere else..... :rolleyes:

As for that comparison no this thing doesn't compare to a s1000 in any way.

They can be. Some helmets don't just meet DOT standards, but far exceed them. You can find some testing on Youtube where a guy takes an axe to various cheap helmets and is able to easily crush or split them, until he gets to a Shoei... and he can't do crap to the shell except chip paint off it...

This has been covered before, The UK government independently tests all helmets sold there and rates them across across multiple impact areas. Some idiot whacking a helmet on YouTube proves nothing.

http://sharp.direct.gov.uk/

Only one Arai ranked at 5 stars, while there are two HJC, same number as Shoei. AGV has more 5 star ratings than any other brand. There are some 5 star helmets that sell for 99 bucks.

DOT is the lowest standard in the world, set by a country that doesn't even require helmets in many states.

Back
Top Bottom