Specs on new Ninja H2 street released | GTAMotorcycle.com

Specs on new Ninja H2 street released

Roadghost

525lbs. Seems a little heavy, and little pricey at $25,000

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/bikes/2015-kawasaki-ninja-h2/

2015-Kawasaki-Ninja-H2-28.jpg

I thought the whole point of the H2 was to establish itself as the clear king of the SS hill.

Looks like the ZX-10R is still faster on paper.

Who wrote that crap article LOL

the Kawasaki Ninja H2 makes an astonishing 207 hp with ram air, 197hp without.

da fuk is so "astonishing" about 197hp with a SUPERCHARGED 1L engine LOL... that's not astonishing, that's pathetic. Hey Kawasaki, BMW called, they're laughing at you.

that ugly *** exhaust alone puts it over the 500lbs mark...

Looks like 200-210 hp is just the standard for superbikes now, along with all the gizmos and gadgets.

Why a whopping 50% power difference between the street and track versions?

Because 200hp is the magic number now. This is not by accident that everyone is quoting 200hp at this displacement. The reason for that is that if a 300hp street bike appears, and after the first kid gets splattered on it, the US rabid lawyer machine will sue Kawasaki into the ground.
With an across-the-board 200hp, the power and power-weight is the now "conventional". This is all about legal liability.

So then , why did Kawasaki bother over the ZX10R? They know that customers will not leave well enough alone, and an ECU change to increase boost easily. The point of the H2R track bike was to show what you could get from the supercharger, not actually sell $65,000 bikes. If customers go off and mod the bikes on their own, Kawasaki has no liability. Suzuki sold a lot of Hayabusas with regulated speed cutoffs, but they sold a lot of bike to guys who slapped turbos on the bikes or otherwise did things to kill themselves.

So that's the business plan, but personally, I think its irresponsible. There are maybe 100 guys in the world that really can handle 220hp bikes, on closed courses, with sticky tires and carbon brakes.

Who wrote that crap article LOL

da fuk is so "astonishing" about 197hp with a SUPERCHARGED 1L engine LOL... that's not astonishing, that's pathetic. Hey Kawasaki, BMW called, they're laughing at you.

Ram air does not add 10hp on any bike, it just doesn't. You get a modest increase due to not ingesting hot air from the engine, but not due to increased air pressure.

Media is coming out of the woodwork on this bike, and no one seems to know what they are writing about, or care if its right or not.

Well the weight is a little much but I think an exhaust and tune will net significant gains compared to a N/A 1000cc Inline 4. This thing has to meet emissions regulations and be insurable in stock form too. Kawasaki is just playing it safe with the numbers. Does the supercharger look any different on the H2R?

I would imagine that the torque output of this package is where the real magic lies.

Meh, all marketing hype. Not so excited about this bike at all

I would imagine that the torque output of this package is where the real magic lies.

Yeah, but knowing how much the power was dialed back by lawyers kinda sucks the magic right back out of it again. I think what I initially found the most interesting about the H2 was the perceived courage of Kawasaki making a 300hp bike. The fact that a "mere" 200hp will still be quickly fatal to someone who does not know what they are doing makes it downright silly.

Yeah, but knowing how much the power was dialed back by lawyers kinda sucks the magic right back out of it again.

Only if you let your mind slip into this kind of thinking ... It's still a great bike, there's no denying that.

Yeah, but knowing how much the power was dialed back by lawyers kinda sucks the magic right back out of it again. I think what I initially found the most interesting about the H2 was the perceived courage of Kawasaki making a 300hp bike. The fact that a "mere" 200hp will still be quickly fatal to someone who does not know what they are doing makes it downright silly.

Even at 200hp, the electronics will not let you see all that power. This is true on the ZX10R, unless you really try and shut everything off, it gives you much less power to be rideable.

These are the stupid games that have to be played because grown men are too insecure to admit that a 50hp bike is enough to have fun.

Only if you let your mind slip into this kind of thinking ... It's still a great bike, there's no denying that.

It's a 200hp litre bike. There are some outstanding 200hp litre bikes out there from Aprilia, Ducati, BMW, Honda etc. How good it actually is remains to be seen. Will it go faster around a track than an HP4 in the right hands? Doubt it.

These are the stupid games that have to be played because grown men are too insecure to admit that a 50hp bike is enough to have fun.

I'd love to be able to play this game but I can't ride 100hp the way it's "meant to be driven", never mind 200hp. Was a time we snickered at people who bought bikes beyond what they could ride properly. Over 100hp+ I'd be that guy. No thanks.

Could be worse.. we could be buying a C7 Z06 Corvette...8 speed transmission, 650hp, let's drive at 43km/hr to the Dairy Queen, then play a round of golf.

Could be worse.. we could be buying a C7 Z06 Corvette...8 speed transmission, 650hp, let's drive at 43km/hr to the Dairy Queen, then play a round of golf.

The Chickvette? Real men drive Challenger Hellcats, 707hp, yo!

Personally, I'd rather ride the Space Shuttle, 37 million hp. Astronauts laugh at motorcyclists.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom