Pot Ballot Initiatives in the U.S | GTAMotorcycle.com

Pot Ballot Initiatives in the U.S

Boots

So Washington and South Portland just legalized pot joining Colorado and Washington state.

Still to come Alaska and Oregon's polls to close soon.

What are your guys opinions on the topic. For me, I think it's pathetic that these States (especially Washington DC wtf) are legalizing before Canada. I'm not a huge smoker (once every couple months) , but I'm very much involved in the legalization movement due to personal issues and how my life was affected.

There are very few issues I stand strongly for and there are very few issues where I know every rebuttal in the books, but the legalization movement is one of them where I'll outspokenly speak up for.

Enforcing the failed war on drugs is a waste of taxpayers dollars and keeping the drug illegal only puts money in drug cartels pockets.

What are your thoughts?

+ 1

i especially like the use of pot as medicine. If it works for someone with their ails, then it works.

legalization in Canada would happen more likely under Trudeau/Liberals than Harper/Conservatives.

Last edited:
+ 1

i especially like the use of pot as medicine. If it works for someone with their ails, then it works.
I definitely agree. Unfortunately Florida didn't today... Their medicinal pot initiative failed. They needed sixty percent to pass. It's such a shame that people think they can tell others what constitutes as medicine.

So much of the illegal drugs, can be used to cure ailments.

Mushrooms helps those with cluster headaches, lsd helps with ptsd and those who have terminal illnesses to cope with death, apparently ecstasy helps in relationship therapy.

And I can tell you right now that pot can definitely help with a multitude of disorders. I've never had a better sleep on those nights when I smoked before hitting the hay. No doubt that some strains can help put people to sleep and help with sleeping disorders.

I can also see how it could ease the troubles caused from chemotherapy and the loss of appetite.

Whether THC has cancer fighting properties well that's still up for debate in my opinion I don't think hard science exists for that yet.

Regardless, the fact of the matter is is that with these drugs as schedule 1 in the states, they are hard to get and hard to use for scientific purposes. Which is a shame because with these silly outdated laws we will never see the potential of these drugs.

Oregon just legalized now.

Last and not least, Alaska.

This one is probably the most important especially after Charlo Greene quit on national, live TV and right before she walked out after promising to fight for legalization she said "**** it, I quit"

Alaska legalized it just 4 hours ago. And now there are 4 States with it fully legalized.

And one district

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom