can someone explain why Honda... | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

can someone explain why Honda...

Have you ever thought about getting a job at Honda? If I didn't know a bit about cars you'd have me seriously convinced.

The reason I keep bothering you is you can never see a fault in Honda, that's when you know its a lie.

Yeh but how is that thing on Highway?
fantastic, I have towed my trailer with my bike and gear on it to grand bend at 140km/hr with no problems.

I'll tell you a fault with Honda cars, they are under powered, no torque, or at least they were, I haven't driven a new one.

Last edited:
I'll tell you a fault with Honda cars, they are under powered, no torque, or at least they were, I haven't driven a new one.

When I was car shopping, I looked at Honda because my first car was a Honda.

I found the interior very boring and I get the mentality that, "we're doing something good already so no need to improve".

I scratched them off my list

Have you ever thought about getting a job at Honda? If I didn't know a bit about cars you'd have me seriously convinced.

The reason I keep bothering you is you can never see a fault in Honda, that's when you know its a lie.

Yeh but how is that thing on Highway?

Chart_of_the_2012_GPAs_of_Auto_Makers.gif

Take a look at any study over the past 20 years and the trend is usually about the same. Honda, toyota are amongst the top 4, chrysler is scraping the barrel.

Smart people do research BEFORE they buy a car keeping their mind open to any make. Dumb people buy whatever their heart desires or what looks nice and then spend their time trying to convince everyone else that its a good car regardless of the facts.

Whoa volkswagen is bellow Chrysler? My last audi was bulletproof, but I guess that changed since now Audi is about fluff rather than group B rally racing. I hope they get smacked in the face and get their **** together.

Chart_of_the_2012_GPAs_of_Auto_Makers.gif

Take a look at any study over the past 20 years and the trend is usually about the same. Honda, toyota are amongst the top 4, chrysler is scraping the barrel.

Smart people do research BEFORE they buy a car keeping their mind open to any make. Dumb people buy whatever their heart desires or what looks nice and then spend their time trying to convince everyone else that its a good car regardless of the facts.
That's actually a good read.

With my Elantra, for the price I paid for it, if I get 5-6yrs out of that car or 200k km, I'll still come out on top. I have alot of features that are not available in entry level cars.

One of the CRV's "upgrades" has been the change to a CVT transmission. For myself and a lot of people, CVT means "do not buy".

That thinking usually applies to Nissans.

I think the Honda reply was good, and this is the best part: "In real conditions a scenario like the roll test with such a high difference in grip between the front and the rear wheels is highly unlikely."

You mean you don't drive your vehicle uphill with the front wheels on in-ground rollers everyday? :lol:

With my Elantra, I have alot of features that are not available in entry level cars.

Amuse, er, enlighten me. Like what?

GF has one and I like it. Selectable power steering level is nice. The 6-speed auto is actually decent. I despise auto, but this one is decent. The GT looks mint. The projectors on it are awesome for HID retrofit. They are actually better than my audi with OEM HID.

fantastic, I have towed my trailer with my bike and gear on it to grand bend at 140km/hr with no problems.

Honda automobiles and torque don't go in the same sentence. More like hopeless. A crv needs an appointment to pass an intersection.

Re CVT ...

That thinking usually applies to Nissans.

Until quite recently, more manufacturers (including Honda) had tried CVT and given up, than had CVT in current production. Lately, there has been a spate of them, so that might not be true any more. I'm not aware of any CVT that is not considerably more blow-uppy than a decent geared transmission. Given their reputation for blowing up, you will have to excuse me for waiting for every CVT to prove itself in service for a few years before I will buy one, and that is assuming that they are not terrible to drive (which every one that I've tried, has been). I will not give either Honda or Toyota a pass.

Nissan CVTs are coming from Jatco, who supply not only Nissan but quite a few others, including Chrysler (gave up), GM (gave up, coming back on Spark), and Mitsubishi. Honda is making their own. Toyota is making their own via Aisin. I don't know if Ford was using a Jatco or an Aisin ... but they gave up.

Great rental-car transmission. Won't buy one.

The "CVT" in the Toyota and Ford hybrids is a geared transmission that uses the electrics to do the CVT function, as well. They're reliable. It's the belt/chain-type CVT with cone pulleys on the non-hybrids that is trouble.

The Prius is actually a very practical, reliable car ... but I hate the way they drive.

4 heated seats
Impeccable design
Direct gas injection
Better interior than a civic

A yugo had a better interior than the new civic.
Coming from a bmw with premium pkg, it was too hard for me to go through such drastic change

We bought the Honda Odyssey. It was the only one that would fit all of the kids. Would have taken a closer look at the KIA, but the salesman and dealer didn't seem to know what was on the newer model, said it was same as the earlier one, which was old and outdated. Hyundai, Ford, Chev, Toyota, Suzuki, Subaru, Mazda, Chrysler et al. were all either too small, way overpriced, or a gas guzzling i.e. a truck wannabe. I just got my first call from Sirius XM, I like the channels, but wow that price.

We bought the Honda Odyssey. It was the only one that would fit all of the kids. Would have taken a closer look at the KIA, but the salesman and dealer didn't seem to know what was on the newer model, said it was same as the earlier one, which was old and outdated. Hyundai, Ford, Chev, Toyota, Suzuki, Subaru, Mazda, Chrysler et al. were all either too small, way overpriced, or a gas guzzling i.e. a truck wannabe. I just got my first call from Sirius XM, I like the channels, but wow that price.
There is a 7 passenger Santa Fe for a fairly good price, was that too small for your family?

Most salesmen (I emphasise MOST), have no clue what product they're trying to sell. You'd think if this as your job & you're talking about them 8hrs a day you'd have an idea.

The last time I was at a dealership I kindly asked the salesman there if this seat folds flat. He said he didn't know. I proceeded to fold the thing flat & his response was, that's cool.

*face palm*

WTF is a reliability GPA I have no idea what the # represent seems like a made up #
Here Is JD powers index using defects per 100 units and it doesnt jive at all
d113c91c0a0d02b701d3ac6eb051e9f9.jpg

Back
Top Bottom