EICMA..new Aprilia RSV4 RF | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

EICMA..new Aprilia RSV4 RF

Luckily, the management at the top of Aprilia has changed, which is what brought us these two new bikes. So I hear, anyway. Maybe the 750 is next on the list, and/or the Mana, which deserved much better than it got.

Well, I hoped they will announce something at EICMA ... but I guess there will not be much of new from Aprilia next year (except for the two updates you mentioned which really couldn't take the whole company ...).

The prototype made 220hp in testing and they detuned it to below 180hp. Mild head porting on the RSV4 nets 20hp+ and that's likely the route I'll take with my bike rather than trading it in, as I'll have to take a fair bath on it (although that won't stop me from pricing it all out).

Where did you hear that mild head porting will give you 20HP?? I'd be surprised at 2HP

Where did you hear that mild head porting will give you 20HP?? I'd be surprised at 2HP

From the guys at AF1 that built an engine for standing mile racing. Epoxy and a bit of time with a die grinder got them 20hp everywhere in the power curve. But they messed up the valve spring spec and dropped a valve before they got to 200mph... oh well.

Their comment, and also KWS' comment, was that Aprilia left themselves a lot of room for future power updates.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom