New Dealer | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

New Dealer

Is it too early to start the deadpool on Maranello Moto Sport?

As a dudebridge bmw owner, I'm glad to have a dealer close to me. But, man do I hate that parking lot! Such a pain in the *** every time.

Man, it feels like everyone is selling Ducatis nowadays. There sure are a lot more of them than there used to be.

Man, it feels like everyone is selling Ducatis nowadays. There sure are a lot more of them than there used to be.

Not that many if I remember correctly. Apex/Cambridge....GP Bikes/ Whitby..... Inglis/ London....My favorite... Peninsula/Oakville Great service guys...Craig...Graham....plus the Service Manager. John.

All pretty well spaced.

Whom did I forget?

Sounds about right. Were there that many fifteen years ago? Anyway, even if we're forgettong one that won't change much.

I guess I'm not super-sure on there being more dealers, but it feels like there are a lot more of those bikes on the roads in Toronto. Of course that could just be my noticing them more or something... it's not like I have access to MOT registration records to actually verify if there are more Ducatis on the roads now than compared to say, 1995.

Ducati prices dropped dramatically around 97 for new bikes that is why there are more around now.

sent from a device using a program

Hello to all, in order to clarify this situation I would like to explain the following :
1) Serpa BMW decided together with BMW Canada to close the Motorrad division and become a M class certified dealer, the existing building did not comply with Motorrad standards even with a refurbishing.
2) The old Kahuna building in 5243 Steeles Av West has always belonged to Remo Ferri Group, it was rented to Kahuna.
3) BMW Canada was looking for a stand alone Motorrad dealership for the GTA and the Steels Av location its great for this.
4) The new dealer name is Maranello Moto Sport and will be a BMW and Ducati dealer, its now under renovations to comply with both brands image and standards, will be full operational by end of February 2015, sales staff and techs from Serpa will be at this new location.
5) Its extremely common to have BMW Motorrad together with other premium brands under one roof. Having a sole BMW dealer is only feasible if the market is big enough, unfortunately Canada its not the case.
Hope this helps out.
Regards,

Great news. I'm glad to hear that there will be another option for Ducati servicing in the GTA.

This is obviously good news for BMW and Ducati owners. But I just wonder how much business there is when a service centre limits themselves to servicing only two brands. Its seems they are limiting themselves to a small minority of motorcyle owners. If Kahuna didn't didn't suceed and they sold and serviced all makes. I wonder how long long this dealership will last before they open up to servicing all makes. In any case I wish them luck and it would be good if they would consider providing service to all makes.

^ Premium brands can charge premium service fees. Also, a lot of riders of premium brands tend to spend the money to take their bike in for service, rather than doing it themselves.

It's also about building a good rep within the industry. If you look at Parker at Budd's BMW, there's a line-up for service based on his team's reputation. If the service team is great, they'll have BMW and Ducati riders from all over making the trek to their spot for service.

Last edited:
I agree with your view Krimesf4i. But there are also alot of riders that don't own a premium brand and have no problem paying for a premium service as you noted. Most of the time people don't mind paying a liitle extra for the convience of having a service center close by or paying extra for good reliable service.

I agree with your view Krimesf4i. But there are also alot of riders that don't own a premium brand and have no problem paying for a premium service as you noted. Most of the time people don't mind paying a liitle extra for the convience of having a service center close by or paying extra for good reliable service.

Reality disagrees with your viewpoint.

Back
Top Bottom