Quick Shifter. how does it work? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Quick Shifter. how does it work?

Pfwww, thank goodness I moved from the loser class to the cool kids class, still not in a serious club though.

On a serious note: If you are going to insult club racers, at least have the decency of coming out and 'grinding' it out with us instead of talking so much crap from the keyboard.

No one ever said you need a QS to go fast, Caboose won a national (another one of our 'not real club' event) without a QS, what we are saying is that it is physically impossible to shift quicker without one compared to having one.

Other stupid comments aside, it's not even true that 600 is a "lower" class, it's just a different class.

It's really cute that you guys thought I was talking about whatever tiny silly series you race in up here.

http://www.cvmaracing.com/

Real clubs don't have 1000s racing with 600s, and yes, the supersport class has the most crashes because it has young people trying to get noticed and make a name for themselves.
You should really stop talking about stuff you don't know anything about.

600s CAN run with 1000s in the Open or Superbike class. The CVMA has the same rules in regards to class.

You should really stop talking about stuff you don't know anything about.

600s CAN run with 1000s in the Open or Superbike class. The CVMA has the same rules in regards to class.

but nobody does that - people who spend money to race with them are mostly serious about it.

the other poster here said there are mostly 600s in your 1000 class. I am building up my SV to run in their "LWT" class - doing track days on my 600 is not the same as racing, I will learn more and have more fun if I have a bike I can get closer to the limit of, rather than going slow on a fast bike.

I didn't say anyone "needs" a quickshifter, lol, I agree that as a single purchase item its wasted money unless you're racing, but it sure is nice to have.

you shouldn't post and belittle other people's opinions unless you're willing to accept some truth in return, and if your 1000 class is full of 600s you aren't racing with a stacked and serious organization.

Last edited:
you shouldn't post and belittle other people's opinions unless you're willing to accept some truth in return, and if your 1000 class is full of 600s you aren't racing with a stacked and serious organization.

There are people who do this sort of thing for the love of it, rather than for the expectation of winning some sort of international acclaim. In fact, that's the vast majority.

There are people who enter their 600 in the superbike class to get additional track time. In fact, at regional-level events, the number of actual 1000s in that class is small, because with that bike, you can only enter one class, whereas with the 600, you can run both the 600 and open classes.

Stop commenting on racing organizations you know nothing about.

Admittedly SOAR is not the most serious series out there, however the track that hosts the series offers very little advantage to a 1000cc bike. Riding a superbike at Grand Bend is like having a sword fight in a closet.

You don't see many 600cc bikes in the RACE Pro Superbike class, and none at the front. Same with CSBK.

No one who matters gives a **** about regional series. Nether here nor in Chuckwalla Valley. No one is going to make a name for themselves in anything below CSBK, AMA, WERA or CCS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

but nobody does that - people who spend money to race with them are mostly serious about it.

the other poster here said there are mostly 600s in your 1000 class. I am building up my SV to run in their "LWT" class - doing track days on my 600 is not the same as racing, I will learn more and have more fun if I have a bike I can get closer to the limit of, rather than going slow on a fast bike.

I didn't say anyone "needs" a quickshifter, lol, I agree that as a single purchase item its wasted money unless you're racing, but it sure is nice to have.

That was me and I didn't slag you for what you ride. Who's LWT class as in "theirs" will you be racing in?

CSBK is as serious as it gets in Canada. We may not have 50 entries per class but our top riders here are no slouches. We may not have the quantity of riders that some other organizations have but we're not lacking in quality.

There is also a distinction between "can" run, meaning "is allowed to", and whether the 600 would be "competitive" in a superbike class.

Mosport is different from St-Eustache. Rain conditions are different from dry. Regional-level (most of us ...) is different from national-level.

You are allowed to experience a taste of roadracing at a small track at a regional level, you don't have to skip that step and go immediately to nationals ... and in general, not only "shouldn't" you skip that step but often you cannot buy that national license until you demonstrate proficiency at a regional level.

I remember Jordan Szoke riding a Honda CBX250. Very well, in fact.

And it had no quickshifter....
It was INSAINE
giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom