Quick Shifter. how does it work? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Quick Shifter. how does it work?

When I shift while accelerating hard I don't use the clutch just let off the throttle for split second. I understand you don't have to do that with a qs but what happens if you do? It's not exactly hard to roll off for a fraction of a second but I guess it'd be nice not to have to. I get the feeling that most guys reviewing qs don't realize that you don't need the clutch with any modern sport bike. On the track I guess it translates to consistency..

At what point on the street to you have the throttle at 100% at redline

Nooooo wayyyy.. and now you tell me that!!! I would have podium everytime if I had known that, damn it
Haven't you ever seen a vid where the rider is so happy about how fast they can shift with a qs..i havent tried one so ill reserve judgement but i cant help but think how fast you can shift without one too! now downshifting with electronics is something I'd like to try someday

At what point on the street to you have the throttle at 100% at redline
1) I periodically do with my 95hp beast!
2) you don't have to be at redline to shift quickly without the clutch
3) I frequent the drag strip so I wasn't necessarily referring to street

Nobody can shift as fast without a QS as someone with a QS.

What!!! We don't have to use the clutch to upshift??

Yeah I understand that. It must be very smooth indeed.. I can undetstand the need if you have massive power and or frequent the track a lot. I just laugh at the general concesuous now which seems to be that qs are a necessity to ride a sport bike quickly.

The point of the quickshifter isn't so you can shift without the clutch, its so you can shift without releasing the THROTTLE. Clutchless upshifts are possible on all vehicles with fully synchronized transmissions like we have in our motorcycles. A quickshifter minimizes the reduction in engine power to allow a smooth shift without requiring user throttle input.

You don't need this for vehicles on the street, but if you do track days and may want one - some of them are user configurable for the RPM required to activate them. Example: on my track bike, a CBR600RR, the quickshifter doesn't do anything when shifting below 8000 rpm, to prevent stupid fuel/ign cuts while simply moving the bike around normally. Once you're above 8k revs, moving the shift lever to shift up a gear causes the cut out.

I don't know about OEM quickshifters but mine is not really useful except for full throttle upshifting (like on a straight away), when I am short shifting to optimize a particular set of corners not at full throttle I still use the clutch to make sure its smooth.

Not sure why you would need a quickshifter for track days.

Better off spending the money on new tires.

Not sure why you would need a quickshifter for track days.

Better off spending the money on new tires.

Ultimately you don't "need" anything for track days, but having a quickshifter can help you focus on other things.

In my case I bought a used fully built racing bike that came safety wired and with all the goodies because it's by far cheaper to go that route if you want a track day toy than to build one yourself. I entertained club racing but decided I don't want to start out in the 600 class...or as CVMA people refer to it - the meat grinder class.

Ultimately you don't "need" anything for track days, but having a quickshifter can help you focus on other things.

In my case I bought a used fully built racing bike that came safety wired and with all the goodies because it's by far cheaper to go that route if you want a track day toy than to build one yourself. I entertained club racing but decided I don't want to start out in the 600 class...or as CVMA people refer to it - the meat grinder class.

Theres nothing wrong with the "600 class". You'd start as a novice/rookie and work your way to an amature then earn your way to pro. Only 600's are allowed in novice/rookie and that's the best place to start.

Theres more 600's in the 1000 class than there are 1000's

Wut

what these guys say.. the quickshifter is designed to work best under heavy load at full throttle. Track toy.

I don't agree with this statement, I use mine at 5,000rpm at 5% throttle and it is very smooth. Of the bikes I have tried, the MV Agusta (tried it on demo day this past summer)seems to have the smoothest, just like "butter".

Wtf are u talking about lol

LOL

It's probably for the better.

LOL

It's probably for the better.

It's really cute that you guys thought I was talking about whatever tiny silly series you race in up here.

http://www.cvmaracing.com/

Real clubs don't have 1000s racing with 600s, and yes, the supersport class has the most crashes because it has young people trying to get noticed and make a name for themselves.

It's really cute that you guys thought I was talking about whatever tiny silly series you race in up here.

Real clubs don't have 1000s racing with 600s, and yes, the supersport class has the most crashes because it has young people trying to get noticed and make a name for themselves.

Lol

f96f8a8c88e6c0ee7da4306f56fadf26.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you race at CVMA? Is this club the only acceptable one to race at in North America?

Back
Top Bottom