Return of the two stroke?? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Return of the two stroke??

MacDoc

Site Supporter
New two-stroke engine, notable for its low consumption and low level of pollutant emissions
Date:
November 3, 2014

zoom zoom for bikes....

We have been able to reduce the engine weight by between 50 and 60% with regard to the equivalent four-stroke engine. This entails a significant saving in fuel consumption, as well as a reduction in the cost of the engine itself," explains Ricardo Novella, researcher at CMT-Motores Térmicos of the Universitat Politècnica de València.
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/11/141103082518.htm

Light weight, better power to weight, low pollution....what's not to like. :D

....cheaper too !!!!

I'm a 2T lover, but there will be no breath holding on my part.

brap brap!

Article is (very) short on details. Most of these concepts have major downsides that they don't like to brag about.

They're making a comeback in mx, you just have to buy a Ktm to get a bike that's been updated in the last 8 years.

Scientists have created a new two-stroke engine for use in small cars, notable for its low consumption and low level of pollutant emissions. The engine is quite small and light and uses only two cylinders instead of the four commonly used in the four-stroke engines currently on the market.

My guess car guys is not the target demographic here.

It's nice to see a resurgence in engine technology from first principles, because current 4-stroke engines really, really, suck at overall efficiency, with 3/4 of the energy from fuel wasted as heat.

Back
Top Bottom