Storage - Motorcycle lift/carpet under tires | GTAMotorcycle.com

Storage - Motorcycle lift/carpet under tires

miche

Hey all, this year marks the first year I am not a BOB (babe on back). So now that I have my very own, I am looking for feedback on winter storage. I have a 2006 Honda Shadow 750. Looks like new and want to enjoy it for a few years

Ask the HOF (hunk on front), he'll probably tell you to store it indoors.

Need more info. Do you have a garage, shed, underground parking, or just outside? Are you looking for a place to store it indoors? Heated? etc.

Or are you just looking for info on how to prep?

Battery tender, fresh fuel and fuel additive? Cover?

Need more info. Do you have a garage, shed, underground parking, or just outside? Are you looking for a place to store it indoors? Heated? etc.

Or are you just looking for info on how to prep?

Battery tender, fresh fuel and fuel additive? Cover?

Couldn't NBOB (not babe on back) just google that?

Bahaha.. Sure nbob could lol... I've been told buying 4x6's is good enough to keep tires and suspension managed... But I wanted to know if anyone has used a lift and maybe a suggestion of a brand to look at as an option. :)

Bahaha.. Sure nbob could lol... I've been told buying 4x6's is good enough to keep tires and suspension managed... But I wanted to know if anyone has used a lift and maybe a suggestion of a brand to look at as an option. :)

CTC has a hydraulic flat lift on sale 1/2 off ($80) from time to time. It's not compatible with underside of every bike so you'd need to suss that out. It's popular, lots of people here have it. Princess Auto has a version as well I believe. A couple tie down straps to secure it.

A lift is nice but, not necessary. Definitely look into a trickle charger for the battery. You can keep the battery in the bike or remove and have it on a charger. I keep it in the bike. Top up the fuel tank. Put some fuel stabilizer in. Give it a good hand wash and give it a good once over. Check the brake pads, belt or chain tension. Place a decent cover on to keep the dust off. Good to go. Depending on the last oil change, you can swap out for fresh now or do it when you plan to bring it out. I'm a bit of a sucker for taking the bike out when the snow melts and the sun is shining so, I change the oil out during it's regular scheduled mileage marker. Also check the other fluids, brake, transmission and or shaft drive if equipped.

Back
Top Bottom