New R1 for 2015 | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

New R1 for 2015

And people say the bmw is ugly? Fix the front end and that whole fugly pile of whatever that exhaust is and maybe. For the absurd price I'd still take a bmw or mv no questions.

I'll give them that the signals in the mirror look really good. All bikes should adopt that location. People can actually see those

Last edited:
The stock exhaust will be replaced by everyone who buys it so don't sweat that. And Yamaha.ca is saying 19K$ for the base model which factoring in all the f*cking inflation we are seeing isn't too bad imo.
I have no doubts about that. It's likely a victim of ever-increasing emissions standards.

Speed war is back on? I hope so.

I have no doubts about that. It's likely a victim of ever-increasing emissions standards.

Speed war is back on? I hope so.

Drivability, HP, weight is the only war that's going on in the liter bike class. There never was a top speed war for it to be "back on".

I wonder how long before we see one on our local race tracks? The initial cost of the bike is going to make it one expensive bike to prep.

Good link to some specs there. The engine uses a bigger bore and shorter stroke than what has been the recent norm, in the interest of higher revs. Peak torque is at very high revs.

Drivability, HP, weight is the only war that's going on in the liter bike class. There never was a top speed war for it to be "back on".

I wonder how long before we see one on our local race tracks? The initial cost of the bike is going to make it one expensive bike to prep.
What I meant was that bike development levelled off somewhat over the last decade. Not a huge jump from an 03 zx6 to say an 13 zx6. It's nice to see things spicing up again.

Part of me likes this thing, part of me isn't sure. I'd like to see one in race bodywork!

What I meant was that bike development levelled off somewhat over the last decade. Not a huge jump from an 03 zx6 to say an 13 zx6. It's nice to see things spicing up again.

Ummmmm..... I disagree???

I actually like the way it looks and I'm not really a fan of the way Japanese bikes look. So I guess that says alot from my end. I really dig the style except the exhaust but that can be changed

2015-Yamaha-YZF1000R1SPL-EU-Silver-Blu-Carbon-Detail-002.jpg

This BMWamaha looks good. Can't wait for some of the goodies to trickle down to the R6.

I like it a lot. I like the engine block mounted shifter, GP-style should be an easy switch. But is there any indication of clutchless up and down shifts?

2015-Yamaha-YZF-R1-leak-02.jpg

Titanium con rods, vast array of electronics for anti-everything. Magnesium subframe, cornering ABS with unified braking. 200hp. 199Kg wet.
Too bad about the styling.

Where did you find the reference to 200hp?......I reviewed yamaha's specs and all I came up with was the torque of 83.2 lbs @11500rpm. Is there anything official or is it just media speculation at this time?

Last edited:
Where did you find the reference to 200hp?......I reviewed yamaha's specs and all I came up with was the torque of 83.2 lbs @11500rpm. Is there anything official or is it just media speculation at this time?

They said 200hp before ram air, at the unveiling with rossi

Because that horrible exhaust didn't look bad enough. Let's really show it off with a black bike.

Having looked at the videos and pics :confused:..... got to admit the new R1 is a bit hard on the eyes.....especially since the previous generation R1 was probably the nicest looking of the Japanese sport bikes.
But have to see it in the flesh to be sure.

Back
Top Bottom