New R1 for 2015 | GTAMotorcycle.com

New R1 for 2015

CafeRay

2015-Yamaha-YZF-R1-leak-02.jpg

Titanium con rods, vast array of electronics for anti-everything. Magnesium subframe, cornering ABS with unified braking. 200hp. 199Kg wet.
Too bad about the styling.

i actually like it a lot and i am no Yamaha fan - However it looks like one of those bikes that give you the sensation you are sitting above it and not on it.

2015-Yamaha-YZF-R1-01.jpg

2015-Yamaha-YZF-R1-07.jpg

The bottom half is messy, they could have done a better job with the exhaust. I much prefer the older R1s.

It looks like the speed limit agreement in Japan has been altered with the addition of electronic aids. The final specs look similar to the street H2.

Just watched the Live Stream... The photos look worse it seemed.... not that it is a great looking bike, the front end reminds me of the Desmosedici, but it's not as bad as I thought

I hate it. That front end is ugly, borderline offensive. Why did they leave the lights down low....

Why Yamaha....

i actually like it a lot and i am no Yamaha fan - However it looks like one of those bikes that give you the sensation you are sitting above it and not on it.

Agreed. I think it looks phenomenal. minus the exhaust. Love the red/white livery:

2015_YZF-R1_red_1.png

I also appreciate attention to detail, the shark fins on the tank cover and the M1 style intake are nice touches.

With the exception of the headlights, it looks like a Gixxer. Technically, it appears to be a lot more advanced.

The headlights are ... interesting. If the photo above is correct, in that there are two white LED strips serving the DRL / low beam function and the other headlights tucked away underneath are for high beam, maybe I'll get used to it.

Reading the tech article now. Magnesium wheels! No purpose to buy aftermarket ...

The engine has gone to finger followers rather than shim under bucket - this follows BMW (it has some valvetrain geometry advantages).

Aluminum fuel tank ... don't dent it!

The headlights are LED, both low and high beam. Nice.

There's a limited-production version with carbon-fiber bodywork and even more electronic goodies.

It may look like a gixxer from the side, but this looks a lot more advanced. If it lives up to its billing, this should leapfrog all the others.

No mention of price. I suspect it will be expensive.

No mention of price. I suspect it will be expensive.

From Visordown:
The new YZF-R1 will cost around £15,500 when it comes to the UK next year, the R1M will cost roughly £20,000.

looks like a Motogp bike with head lights...the midpipe and exhaust will be the 1st to go I suspect when we get them.

Also, maybe next year the R6 will have a similar styling?

I wonder what the seat height is set at..looks taller than the last gen R1

26k on the road for the R1M. Close to HP4 territory.

R1M may not even be available to us...wow only a limited # of production units to be made...

...guess a group buy is out ! :(

It looks like the speed limit agreement in Japan has been altered with the addition of electronic aids.

I see no evidence of this being the case. Nowhere does Yamaha claim a top-speed number (as per the agreement).

With the increased power and evidently reduced drag, it's pretty likely that this (and the H2) will have a hard speed limiter at 299 km/h and won't display a number higher than 299 km/h on the speedo, as per the agreement. The Hayabusa and ZX14R are the same way, at least for the European market.

Of course, in this day and age, it's very easy to make a speed limiter go away.

Kawasaki is claiming a higher top speed for the H2R, but that isn't a road-legal bike, so the agreement doesn't apply.

The stock exhaust will be replaced by everyone who buys it so don't sweat that. And Yamaha.ca is saying 19K$ for the base model which factoring in all the f*cking inflation we are seeing isn't too bad imo. Comes with a 520 chain ;)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom