Ducati 1299 Panigale | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ducati 1299 Panigale

Its CafeRay, Steve... you should be used to it by now... ;-)

Well, you should also know by now that every time one of you challenges me on stuff like this, I list off a stream of links that just indicate people prefer ignorance and laziness. That's exactly why these "premium" brands don't have to change.
You can start by Googling the lawsuit from Ducati owners about melting gas tanks.

My 2003 Ducati 999 has 28,750kms on it and no issues; still running great. I sold my 1098 with over 15,000kms on it and again, no issues. Where are you getting you facts from? the 1990's?
Wow..A motorcycle that goes 15000km with no issues. Impressive.

The only problem I am having with my Ducati Diavel is the Transmission.

we'll stop here.

There are very good reasons why these bikes devalue they way they do. Enjoy your Ducatis, but my experience is that these owners flat out lie about their bikes, and they spend a lot of time at servizio.

I owned a 900 ss. I doubt there could have been a worse bike, I lost a fortune selling it off. It was my dream bike back then, but from what I read in the Ducati forums, very little has changed. OK, mistakes can be made, but Ducati refuses to take responsibility. Lovely bikes to look at, great when new, but they make too many models on far to rapid cycles to properly engineer reliability. The company has only recently addressed this problem, but they need a cultural shift away from those engine designs that never made any sense after the 1960's.

That said I've seen japs break by then. There's bad in every brand. I guess that makes all bikes unreliable?
Perhaps but they sell many, many more and don't charge a premium price.
I expect better for more money, but that's just me.

Red on a Ducati looks really good.

Last edited:
Well, you should also know by now that every time one of you challenges me on stuff like this, I list off a stream of links that just indicate people prefer ignorance and laziness. That's exactly why these "premium" brands don't have to change.
You can start by Googling the lawsuit from Ducati owners about melting gas tanks.

It's called ethanol. Causes the gas tanks to swell. If you keep the tank full, the problem is minimized. Something to do with the vapours that ethanol creates.
Sure, it's less than ideal and they should use a different material, but Ducati does replace the gas tanks under warranty. Unfortunately, the company they use for the gas tanks is HUGE, and Ducati may be 1% (at most) of their business, so try getting them to change.

The 2002 900SS I owned is now in Alberta with over 70,000 trouble free km's on it.(except for hitting a bear down south) My retired BOT 944 still puts out tons of reliable torque and has survived a few nasty off track excursions with no chassis damage.The 2009 Hypermotard I had for a couple of yrs was totally trouble free for 26,000 kms.
Not saying that ducs are not without troubles,but they are quite reliable imho.

I owned said 900ss and hit the bear. The bike was such a pos that, after totalling the bike hitting the bear at 60km/h, I jumped back on the bike and rode it to the chalet I was staying at. Needless to say, it was in better shape than me after that encounter. I rode that bike like Jian Gomeshi's girlfriend and it's still going strong.

You can't argue with CafeFacts, he's well versed in Google and knows all when it comes to everything.

Quote Originally Posted by homme de fer View Post

I rode that bike like Jian Gomeshi's girlfriend and it's still going strong.

You mean you beat the s@#t out of your bike. Lol.

Last edited:
Quote Originally Posted by homme de fer View Post

You mean you beat the s@#t out of your bike. Lol.

Hey, it was consentual. The position on that bike was torture yet I ran it down the BRP 4 years ago. Good times.

You can't argue with CafeFacts, he's well versed in Google and knows all when it comes to everything.

:lmao:

giphy.gif

Jian1.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom