Ducati 1299 Panigale | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ducati 1299 Panigale

BigEvilDoer

Just watching some of the new product release online (got the exclusive DNA link from a friend).
Looks like Ducati is stepping up with the Panigale 1299...

Semi Active Suspension (front and rear I do believe - I missed the very beginning of this part)
Electronic Steering Damper linked directly to the same controller as the suspension
Quick shifter (Up AND Down (with auto blipper))
205 HP at the crank
Optional titanium exhaust system

WSBK is seriously changing the engine rules for next year...
So Ducati is also doing an 1199r with a Superbike Tune for the serious racers.
205 hp at the crank, 174kg weight.

^^ mv is making a new f4rr with the same weight and claimed 210 hp. Next year could be interesting for the big bikes.

095d0762f0325c68560022a7f34aa76d.jpg

Same bike just more engine?

why dont they just make a panigale 5000 and be done with it ?

why dont they just make a panigale 5000 and be done with it ?
A crash cage and/or a direct link to a mechanic would be a better use of development funds.

..:D

why does engine cc keeps going up with ducatis? it went from:

999 to 1098 to 1099 to 1199, now 1299. does it keep going?

1399, 1499, 1599, 1699 1799..........

It's a cheap way to make it look like they have new models. They make far too many models with a handful of changes and this affects their reliability.

The reason why they do this is to make it look like the bikes are exclusive and have small production numbers to try and boost value as an Italian exotic.

It's in response to the Superbike racing regulations. After the 999, Ducati complained that they couldn't make a twin-cylinder engine cheap enough to compete with the 1000cc inline 4s, so the World Superbike Championship changed the rules to give two-cylinder bikes an extra 200ccs to keep Ducati in the series.

What is confusing is that the racing version of the 1098 (called the 1098R) was actually 1199 ccs to make full use of the new SBK regulations, while the road version of the 1098 was 1098ccs. The next year after the regulations, they upped the road bikes displacement to equal the racing bike, calling it the 1199.

The new 1299 continues the confusing trend, because although the road bike will be going to 1285ccs, the racing version (called the 1299R) will still only have 1199 ccs because the WSBK haven't increased their regulations on twin-cylinder engine sizes.

Clear as mud? The upshot is that in the past, the company has always produced sportbikes that adhered to Superbike regulations, but now they seem to have tossed that out the window and as you suggested, a 1399, 1499, etc might not be out of the question in the future.

It's in response to the Superbike racing regulations. After the 999, Ducati complained that they couldn't make a twin-cylinder engine cheap enough to compete with the 1000cc inline 4s, so the World Superbike Championship changed the rules to give two-cylinder bikes an extra 200ccs to keep Ducati in the series.

What is confusing is that the racing version of the 1098 (called the 1098R) was actually 1199 ccs to make full use of the new SBK regulations, while the road version of the 1098 was 1098ccs. The next year after the regulations, they upped the road bikes displacement to equal the racing bike, calling it the 1199.

The new 1299 continues the confusing trend, because although the road bike will be going to 1285ccs, the racing version (called the 1299R) will still only have 1199 ccs because the WSBK haven't increased their regulations on twin-cylinder engine sizes.

headache.jpg

I'll wait for the 1398.

It's a cheap way to make it look like they have new models. They make far too many models with a handful of changes and this affects their reliability.

The reason why they do this is to make it look like the bikes are exclusive and have small production numbers to try and boost value as an Italian exotic.
What reliability issues? I have never had any issues with ,my Ducati's neither have most of the people I know with them. You keep saying they are not reliable but never have anything to back it up.

You keep saying they are not reliable but never have anything to back it up.

Its CafeRay, Steve... you should be used to it by now... ;-)

What reliability issues? I have never had any issues with ,my Ducati's neither have most of the people I know with them. You keep saying they are not reliable but never have anything to back it up.

The only problem I am having with my Ducati Diavel is the Transmission. However, Ducati are taking care of it.
Never have any problems other than I can hear it "sigh" when I start it up. It says, "Thanks, now lets go"
There are quite few Ducati haters out there. Not that I care one iota. I ride it and love it.

i had a 748 that kept eating opening rockers and splitting the coolant reserve tank, it also kept stalling after cold starts until i removed the emissions plumbing...my 900ss had leaky carbs, a broken starter motor wire, a cracked connection to the fuel pump, a rear brake that stopped working completely, worn valve guides after 12k km and the wiring looked liked it was installed by spider monkeys...other than that it was great.

^^what he said. I know several people with ducs and none have had issues at all. What issues are you talking about?

If they had of left the swingarm alone I'd be riding a 899 but alas they killed it

My 2003 Ducati 999 has 28,750kms on it and no issues; still running great. I sold my 1098 with over 15,000kms on it and again, no issues. Where are you getting you facts from? the 1990's?

The 2002 900SS I owned is now in Alberta with over 70,000 trouble free km's on it.(except for hitting a bear down south) My retired BOT 944 still puts out tons of reliable torque and has survived a few nasty off track excursions with no chassis damage.The 2009 Hypermotard I had for a couple of yrs was totally trouble free for 26,000 kms.
Not saying that ducs are not without troubles,but they are quite reliable imho.

Last edited:

Defective by design - belt driven cams and valve actuation system that is obsolete and offers no performance benefits over shim/bucket actuation. There are tons of issues and recalls and problems I could cite as well, but this is the main issue.

Some newer models have chain/gear drive for cams...cool, maybe they'll get rid of desmo valves next.

Having to do belts and adjust desmo valves every 6-12k miles is pretty much like having the bike breakdown at that interval.

No more Ducati apologizing please, they sound good, and are fun to ride (the models with good suspension and brakes anyway), but they aren't "reliable".

"Unreliable" is leaving the owner at the side of the road.Belt and valve checks don't do that.To each his own,except for the typical internet hater.Enjoy your ride.

Beat me to it. I was going to suggest looking up unreliable in a dictionary. I guess by that same logic every exotic supercar is a pos too eh? First an expert on lane splitting and now everything ducati.

b52412e2db0c124712ad88a3cee03a1e.jpg

Beat me to it. I was going to suggest looking up unreliable in a dictionary. I guess by that same logic every exotic supercar is a pos too eh? First an expert on lane splitting and now everything ducati.

My roommate's 999 left him stranded on the side of the road a few times, but I just posted the stupid things about Ducati that you can't argue with, rather than anecdotes.

Having a Duc is supposed to be about the sound and the feeling, not saying stupid **** like "oh yes they're reliable" on internet boards...gtfo, people know better and you're only fooling yourself.

Back
Top Bottom