Nice couple of days coming up.. | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Nice couple of days coming up..

Took kids bike over for a new shock install - he was comfie - the Scott jackets are good in all except above 25 degrees which we are unlikely to see for a while.
I've been putting a ColdPruf loose fit that goes over everything if it's single digits.
It's much thinner than the liner from Scott and I think warmer too

Hoping to get out around 2 pm to play hooky at the Forks

Last edited:
Scuppered - too busy - and have to get kids bike - oh well cheap burger night at Symposium :D

Still might take a ride after traffic

It was a nice 2 hr ride around Scarborough and Markham area for me today. Saw a couple guys ride down the Scarborough Bluffs and a more along Kingston Rd, lots of people out today.

Was an ok ride today. Left the house in almost summer like conditions, didn't dress properly, used rain suit to avoid hypothermia on home stretch. Partly cloudy, partly sunny with some distinct borders. Hate to be a downer but really disappointed with loud HD riding chicks stereo blasting into peaceful Belfountain. I think I hate that more than people who live there.

Was an ok ride today. Left the house in almost summer like conditions, didn't dress properly, used rain suit to avoid hypothermia on home stretch. Partly cloudy, partly sunny with some distinct borders. Hate to be a downer but really disappointed with loud HD riding chicks stereo blasting into peaceful Belfountain. I think I hate that more than people who live there.

Hate stereo blasting or chicks on Harleys?
What kind of rain suit? Trying to figure out which ones are more popular, for lack of a better word.

Hate stereo blasting or chicks on Harleys?
What kind of rain suit? Trying to figure out which ones are more popular, for lack of a better word.

I could hear them coming from a kilometer away. I hated them with my usual passion before they even came into view. Their making a huge production out of their arrival on the scene and parking the bikes belied the sweetness I've come to expect from the fairer sex. Can a motorcycle not be slid into a parking spot and shut off like can be done with a regular automobile?

Rain suit is Tour Master Defender. I think it works ok. Got a bit of a chuckle today looking in the mirrors I noticed the side pocket flaps are into the wind. The other way would be better I should think. But I'm getting used to disappointment, it's regular fare these days.

I could hear them coming from a kilometer away. I hated them with my usual passion before they even came into view. Their making a huge production out of their arrival on the scene and parking the bikes belied the sweetness I've come to expect from the fairer sex. Can a motorcycle not be slid into a parking spot and shut off like can be done with a regular automobile?

Rain suit is Tour Master Defender. I think it works ok. Got a bit of a chuckle today looking in the mirrors I noticed the side pocket flaps are into the wind. The other way would be better I should think. But I'm getting used to disappointment, it's regular fare these days.

I agree with you that people should be more considerate to others, but that is not going to happen in the GTA anytime soon.

For rain gear, you can't go wrong with a cheap pair of Frogg Toggs. They work great for wind and rain protection, but they do not look that great if that is important to you.

I agree with you that people should be more considerate to others, but that is not going to happen in the GTA anytime soon.

For rain gear, you can't go wrong with a cheap pair of Frogg Toggs. They work great for wind and rain protection, but they do not look that great if that is important to you.

No matter how good they look, they won't make me look good. I think I saw some at the January show last year. I will look into those as well.

What kind of riding pants do you guys wear/ wear underneath? Up until now I've just worn my leather chaps, but I'm looking for something with a little more coverage and warmth. Not even the wife likes me wearing the chaps :/

I used to wear an iCon hi-viz rain jacket - it did keep me dry if the seals were closed properly - made no pretense to breathe - it was waterproof.
It was also nice an warm layer over my mesh.

Icon_Patrol_Waterproof_Jacket_listing.jpg

Durable too.

I recently grabbed these rain pants
olympia_horizon_rain_pants_zoom.jpg

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/olympia-horizon-rain-pants

If I were doing from scratch would likely grab both jacket and pants from Olympia - always liked there gear and durable and the pants have an integrated pouch that they tuck into with a drawstring so small to carry. I suspect the Olympia jacket would as well....the iCon patrol jacket folds into its hood.

I switched to a upper end Scott jacket that is supposed to be all weather and so far except for above 25 C it has been - no layering unless it gets below 8 then I put a Coolpruf loose overshirt underneath.
It is nice not to have to layer and the Scott looks good and both breathes and is waterproof.

Last edited:
MacDoc-- do you still have the icon? Consider selling it? And those pants are Olympia?
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 Windows Phone using Tapatalk

I used to wear an iCon hi-viz rain jacket - it did keep me dry if the seals were closed properly - made no pretense to breathe - it was waterproof.
It was also nice an warm layer over my mesh.

Icon_Patrol_Waterproof_Jacket_listing.jpg

Durable too.

MacDoc-- do you still have the icon? Consider selling it? And those pants are Olympia?

That is a nice jacket, it is a bit bulky and would be mainly used for colder weather for me. I was very close to buying it, I did end up buying the Icon Patrol black pants that go with it from Markham Outdoor Power for 50% off. You should give them a call to see if they still have any more.

http://www.canadasmotorcycle.ca/icon-patrol-waterproof-bib-overpant.html

It was a nice 2 hr ride around Scarborough and Markham area for me today. Saw a couple guys ride down the Scarborough Bluffs and a more along Kingston Rd, lots of people out today.
I was at the bluffs
1d8a5c95d01aa13155952bea782bcaac.jpg

MacDoc-- do you still have the icon? Consider selling it?

Kid uses it for commuting tho he has a Scott now as well.
Let me think about it - likely not as I'll still wear my mesh in the summer and need a rain jacket - packs small inside the hood

Thatwas the wrong image

ICON_pdx_shell_hiviz_yellowLG.jpg

I have the iCon PDX rain jacket - that other image is the mich more expensive Patrol

Last edited:
Does any body know what the weather will be today? Yesterdays ride was mildly unsatisfying. Maybe head in the opposite direction, grab a veggie burger at the Oasis Caledonia.

MacDoc, Supernam-- the Olympia are definitely more my price point, even with the sale price of the Icon. But I'm sure the Icon is worth it. Does look like a more durable pant. I have to actually see, touch and try on this stuff, so a brick and mortar place is best. I might just take a drive over to Markham and check them out. But right now the Olympia or Frogg Toggs are more what I am looking for. Thanks guys.

Not sure if there is a local retailer, but the First Gear rain gear is very thin so it packs very small, it's breathable and well made. Looks and fits much better than frogg toggs.

I used to have a Tourmaster Defender jacket and pants. Way too fiddly for me, too many pockets and flaps, velcro always getting stuck where it shouldn't. I don't know why a rain jacket needs a mesh liner. Just a hassle. Too bulky, also.

Now I wear Rev'It! Cyclone H20. About as simple as can be. Jacket and pants are easy on, easy off, both keep me dry. Packs very small.

Available at Rider's Choice, the jacket is about $80, I think.

8ce93637eff835f.jpg

Amazeballz, rode home and I didn't melt !!

Dainese garda d-dry gloves work as advertised.

Back
Top Bottom