Cycle World Daily: Mercedes-AMG Acquires MV Agusta | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Cycle World Daily: Mercedes-AMG Acquires MV Agusta

This was loooonnnnnggg time coming!

Advanced Engineering from a relatively small company ( compared to other big moto companies) = sure shot buyout!

A win win for both the companies if you ask me!

Advanced Engineering - not found. What I would call advanced eng in small company is i.e McLaren, not MV. Every review I saw of the MVs is bunch of complaints (this is the only base to my theory). There is lots of looks for sure though. This is what happens when companies put Design before Engineering, and it's a recipe for disaster, IMO.

BMW, Mercedes, and Audi are arguably leaders in R&D, Engineering, Design, Marketing, Brand Imaging, Market Prediction, Strategy, and so on. They are even ranked top under "best companies to work for", or "World's most valuable brands". That's not for coincidence.

Considering that Mercedes already has this:

751171_1367360_900_150_kv_marken_001.jpg

I don't see why they wouldn't add 2 more wheels into that picture. They are the top of the auto industry after all, and can apply all the expertise to the another most familiar area. Great expansion plan!

So, again, I don't think MV's (non-existing) advanced eng. was the motive. It's the mismanagement, if anything.

Who cares, these brands buy and sell all the time and nothing really changes.

Back
Top Bottom