Cycle World Daily: Mercedes-AMG Acquires MV Agusta | GTAMotorcycle.com

Cycle World Daily: Mercedes-AMG Acquires MV Agusta

This was loooonnnnnggg time coming!

Advanced Engineering from a relatively small company ( compared to other big moto companies) = sure shot buyout!

A win win for both the companies if you ask me!

Now all of the big luxury German brands have bikes to offer, MB got scooped by Audi on the Ducati deal so now way they were going to let this opportunity slip.

Hopefully MB's money and expertise will help them grow the brand and improve their dealer network in North America.

Now all of the big luxury German brands have bikes to offer, MB got scooped by Audi on the Ducati deal so now way they were going to let this opportunity slip.

Hopefully MB's money and expertise will help them grow the brand and improve their dealer network in North America.

+1

MV's are beautiful motorcycles.

This was loooonnnnnggg time coming!

Advanced Engineering from a relatively small company ( compared to other big moto companies) = sure shot buyout!

A win win for both the companies if you ask me!

What advanced engineering? They cannot seem to get fuel mapping right.

MV really needs a decent dealer network. They lost the right to sell in Cali because someone got the paperwork wrong.

An AMG inspired Rivale...that would be sexy.

Lately I'm impressed with the way the Europeans are becoming more dominant in motorcycling. They're beating Japan in performance in a lot of ways and the price of their bikes, although high, is not inaccessible. Honda has used motorcycles as a testing ground for new engine technologies for decades, which later finds its way into their automobiles. I'm thinking BMW, Mercedes and the Italians will be taking the same route. Japanese bikes are very inexpensive for what you get however, and they are very reliable. This can only be good for motorcycle buyers.

If they could just fix the fuelling of their bikes, they'd be great... the F4RR is old tech and outdated but still interesting... the rest of their lineup is great despite being mostly inline-4. I would love to have a F3 for the track, all that's holding it back is that throttle response... even the TC is now working quite well, apparently.

Lately I'm impressed with the way the Europeans are becoming more dominant in motorcycling. This can only be good for motorcycle buyers.

I agree completely it can only be good for motorcyclists. MV , Ducati languished under some poor ownership and management deals and barely survived. Laverda and Benelli just gave up on bikes as did many others. An influx of cash and maybe some management and marketing help can go a long way.

Laverda and Benelli just gave up on bikes as did many others.

Two more possible resurgent bike brand names. You don't want to run low on those.

I agree completely it can only be good for motorcyclists. MV , Ducati languished under some poor ownership and management deals and barely survived. Laverda and Benelli just gave up on bikes as did many others.

Actually, Count Agusta gave up on bikes years ago, this company is just a purchased brand. Benelli is another brand, sold to Taiwan, and making bikes.

Benelli%20TNT%201130%20Caf%C3%A9%20Racer%2010.jpg

Laverda is now just a brand, and before they went boobs north, they made some crap bikes.

German auto manufacturers really love Italian bikes. Who will buy Piaggio now?

Not German, but Tata motors has a ton of financial muscle ($2.29 billion (USD) projected profit for 2014)... based in India, and owns Jaguar.

Or, after a dismal WSBK season, maybe Hero will try to unload their shares of EBR and try acquiring some of Piaggio.

Last edited:
+1

MV's are beautiful motorcycles.

Really? Tell that to Royal Distributing who have one sitting for sale the last 2 years in their store and marked down several times.

Really? Tell that to Royal Distributing who have one sitting for sale the last 2 years in their store and marked down several times.

They are beautiful bikes. You can't deny it.
Problem is, nobody wants to spend premium dollars on a bike that has 1 official MV-Approved (for warranty work) shop (Dukes of Cycle).
If I buy one in Guelph, they will load it up into a trailer and take it to Duke's for work to be done... just silly.

Never been able to figure out who's good idea it was for royal to sell them. People go there looking for deals on everything else, not to spend a premium on a bike. That said I'd take a f3 800 or f4 over any Japanese sport bike. Does suck about one official place for service/warranty too. Maybe things will change with mb's input now :dontknow:

Back
Top Bottom